Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
loving it.....77

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: dr France   Sat 26 Feb 2011, 4:57 am

First topic message reminder :

hi, was just wanting to hear from other sleevers on how they went their op.....with the recovery etc........just looking for any stories really......have just read a diary from someone and am now thinking it wasnt a good idea as they have had a lot of problems since, so now im thinking i am really unsure and unprepared for my surgery which will be happening on 1st march.....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: dr France   Sun 06 Mar 2011, 5:06 am

What a huge disapointment for you hopefully you don't have to wait to long till you are done.

warmly
amanda
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: dr France   Sun 06 Mar 2011, 4:12 am

oh no, how disappointing for you jrm77... to get yourself all prepared, go under and then... nothing!
Are you booked in to have another go?
Back to top Go down
loving it.....77

Female

PostSubject: Re: dr France   Sun 06 Mar 2011, 3:55 am

well......it didnt happen....i went under and woke up with nothing had happened
i had food in my stomach, and yes i did fast......lol.....
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: dr France   Sat 05 Mar 2011, 11:26 pm

So how are you feeling now?

While my surgery is still aways off, i figure any discomfort and problems i may encounter along the road to the new me have to be better than the problems i face with my weight and the complications of carrying all those sacks of potatoes now.

warmly
amanda
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Sun 27 Feb 2011, 9:51 am

Hi there, i was sleeved justover 4 months ago and have lost 30 kg. The journey has been very exciting and certainly a learning curve. REad the diaries you will find out lots of info.
Find a surgeon you like and feel confortable with and go for it. I don't think you will be sorry, I certainly am not.
Look forward to hearing from you again and meeting you on chat.
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: dr France   Sun 27 Feb 2011, 6:03 am

Hi jorashmac77, welcome!
I am one of the people who have had a dream run with the surgery - except suffering constant gastric upset for the first month and a half. It hasn't been that easy, but has gone as I planned and just as my surgeon said it would. My recovery has sort of almost been boring, and I have pretty much just got on to adjusting and doing what I have to do. Thanks to this site I knew what to expect and how to mentally approach things, and I fidn people like Janette below to be simply wonderful for positive inspiration (thank you lovely Janette).
It is undoubtedly the best thing I have ever done, and my health is so much better even though I am only two months out. I expect it to keep on getting better, especially if I keep putting the work in on the exercise front!

When I was deciding whether to have the surgery I was terrified, and read everything I could about the various complications, things that could go wrong and about things like leaks (oh my god!).
I had never gone to hospital or had an anesthetic before and felt so scared... Then I realised that the worst that could happen was absolutely no worse than staying so bloody fat, living half a life, and then dying early and/or suffering revolting obesity-related ailments. It was like a bit of a revelation for me.

My advice is:
- be brave
- find a good surgeon with a good track record who you can really talk to, trust and have an honest relationship with (and there is great advice on different surgeons on this site from so many people who have gone before us. Your GP might also be able to help you here too.)
- concentrate on what is most likely to happen It is most likely you will be fine, and there are things you can do to help yourself too (i.e. ask your doctor and surgeon about the actual percentage of people have complications and what other factors may have contributed)
- follow you surgeon's advice and instructions TO THE LETTER - both before and after the surgery. And ask lots of questions - they know best!
- just take it as it comes - you don't have to deal with everything all at once, just keep moving through the stages, and use your support people if you have to (and that includes us here on this forum)

I wish you all the best, and honestly look forward to hearing how you are going when you are 'on the other side'. *big mental hug*

love Kati (a South Australian transplanted in the ACT)

Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: dr France   Sat 26 Feb 2011, 6:20 am

Hi and welcome

I had surgery nearly 15 months ago, am now below my goal, am happy, healthy and loving life.
I have had no problems what so every!!
I love my sleeve and its one of the best decision I have ever made.

Good luck with your surgery and journey.

Back to top Go down
loving it.....77

Female

PostSubject: dr France   Sat 26 Feb 2011, 4:57 am

hi, was just wanting to hear from other sleevers on how they went their op.....with the recovery etc........just looking for any stories really......have just read a diary from someone and am now thinking it wasnt a good idea as they have had a lot of problems since, so now im thinking i am really unsure and unprepared for my surgery which will be happening on 1st march.....
Back to top Go down

dr France
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: