Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Share | 

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,

I have only JUST taken out PHI last week and it's driving me nuts, knowing that I can't have my sleeve surgery for 12 months.

Are there a lot of you that had to wait this long? How did you cope?

I am going to try Tony Ferguson (again) in the meantime, but every time I try, I don't end up sticking to it.

Woe is me lol
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

Thanks lovely xx

Kel congrats!! It will go super fast! What I did was try not to think about it too much until around the 6 month mark and then when I had 5 months left, I started with all the pre op visits etc.

Where in Melbourne are you Kel and have you decided on what surgeon you're going with?
Back to top Go down
Kell

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sat 24 Sep 2011, 1:22 am

What a fabulous thread! I just took out my PHI. 364 days to go, lol! This thread is such a good idea. I need to wait the 12m for 2 reasons - firstly, I think it'd be good to have in case of any complications and secondly, the kids dad is about to start a new job, and won't have enough leave accrued to take to care for the kids post op for a while yet. So, it makes sense. I'm as impatient as others though. Seeing the amazing results in this forum is beyond inspiring, just amazing.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Fri 23 Sep 2011, 4:46 pm

Wow Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Congrat's Babes

JAIME
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:08 am

Nearly there lovely!!!

Well I am now officially SLEEVED!!! I am so gutless haha

It still feels so surreal ... but I'm now 4 days out and feeling pretty good. If you want to read my long winded op journey, check out my diary link below this post :)

Thanks everyone for being so supportive of myself and all the others in here that are having to wait so long for their PHI xx
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

5 weeks and 6 days to go
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

Hey kay63.

Come and join us

The date 7th of October 2011 ...Friday nite Dinner .....all is welcome...time 6.30pm-7pm untill we finish chatting hehehehehehehehehe .......

Resturant Rasheys liverpool 339 Hume Highway, Liverpool ...... some of Us have been there before ....they cater for everybody and everystage of your journey ........

Please come ......... would Love to see everybody ....... This will be my final Pig OUT farewell to overeating ............
Thank GOD ...... It's been a long long too long journey ........... waiting for 12 months ....(like some sleevers before me )........ well done ......

So come alone it will be Fun Fun Fun .... the chat will be Sleeve sleeve sleeve hehehehehehehehehehehe ....
Love ya's all and many thanks to you guys that have helped me through this journey.........

Can't believe it's almost here ....Bring it on ........

Cheers Carolina

Bring the camera's
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:13 pm

Thats excellent kay63....... Hang in there girlfriend ... it will come soon .......

Good luck Jamie ....thinking of you Girlfriend ........ Wishing you a speedy recovery ..........
Back to top Go down
kay63

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

Good luck Jamie, will be following you closely..

Lovely I had my consultation with Geogia and discussed everything so feel very informed now which is good...which i had joined the health fund sooo much earlier tho...lol

arh well guess time will tick on

Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 5:15 am

Thanks girls!! OMG goldfinger that is awesome, well done! Good luck with your surgery xx. Pop over to the September Sleevers if you get a chance, there are HEAPS of us being done this month :D

See you all on the *other side* haha

xx
Back to top Go down
goldfingerkristi

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:48 pm

I've got only 2 weeks to go and I cant believe I have also waited the 52 weeks since I booked it... I started optifast two and a bit weeks ago and have dropped 10.5 kg FOREVER! Jaime I'm totally jealous your in on Monday!!!!!!! haha Good luck girl!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
justjed

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-05-18

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

Fantastic news Jaime and all the best for Monday, I'm sure you will breeze through it.

Cheers

Jed
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

Omg Jamie

Thats excellent .............. You'll be in that sexy Skiinny bikini in no time..................
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

Thanks lovely xx I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I've lost 5kg now ... maybe I will make it to 6kg off by Monday morning lol

I will definitely tell you the works xx
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:16 am

Wow Jamie

3.5 kilos off fantastic and they will never ever come back .................... and OMG 4 days so excited for you .........tell us everything ...........
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:58 am

It's just around the corner lovely! I can't believe your sleeve is only 6 weeks away now, boy time is flying!

4 days to go for me, not counting today LOL
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

It's been a long long journey but it's almost here .......... Didn't think this day will come when i can say i have only 6 weeks to go .......... Finally ............. I have learnt so so much from this aweson site and thank all my sleever friends ..... They kept me going with the aweson successful inspirational journeys .......... Cant wait to be sleeved .......... looking forward to a new healthy me very soon .........

lovelyslim
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

That's fantastic news kay! Thank you for the luck wishes ... I have a diary on here, it's not very exciting but feel free to have a read lol

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t6865-jaime-s-sleeve-journey
Back to top Go down
kay63

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:14 am

Hi all,

Well I got the confirmation back from Australian Unity and I had misread the paperwork that came through and I am definitely covered for the sleeve after 12 months......how exciting, so all paperwork is done, now its time to talk to the surgeon and do loads more research on here I guess......
Jamie good luck for the 19th I am very interested to follow your jounrney......
javascript:emoticonp('')
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:51 am

Thanks Kazz :) I hope I can bring you a very interesting, fun and successful journey lol.
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:26 pm

I will be eagerly following your journey Jaime :)
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:49 am

Opti is going well, haven't cheated!! I'm nearly at the half way mark.

9 days till I'm sleeved :D
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:14 am

Yeah it's gone super fast Kazz!

Opti sucks, I can't wait to just have normal stuff again lol. You are doing well, ahhh wish I was on day 13 lol.

Dinner tonight is going to be a bunch of allowed stir fried vegies and a splash of Oyster Sauce ... I need something with some taste!

11 days people ... 11 days! Sick of me yet? hahahaha

Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

Oh wow, youre turn is almost here Jaime!! In hindsight, it really has been a quick 12 months wait hey.....

All the best with Optifast!! Im on Day 13 - and well yeah, its still hard! So I totally understand.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:41 pm

Yep bell, 11 days OMG lol

Cyclone I hope all went well last night!

I think I'm getting used to Opti now or should I say I'm getting used to that very empty hungry feeling lol. Day 4 and I haven't cheated ... the only thing stopping me from having a sausage last night when I was cooking dinner for my family, was the thought of my surgeon going to operate on me and realising that my liver is too fatty and has to stitch me up and send me home with no sleeve lol.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:39 pm

Not long now Jamie, only a couple of days!
Back to top Go down
cyclonestorm

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 07 Sep 2011, 2:47 am

Great to hear Bamba I am now looking forward to it even more. Thanks heaps
Back to top Go down

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: