Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Share | 

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,

I have only JUST taken out PHI last week and it's driving me nuts, knowing that I can't have my sleeve surgery for 12 months.

Are there a lot of you that had to wait this long? How did you cope?

I am going to try Tony Ferguson (again) in the meantime, but every time I try, I don't end up sticking to it.

Woe is me lol
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sat 20 Aug 2011, 11:57 am

30 days to go!
Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm

Synna go have your seafood dinner - as long as you are mostly sticking to the opti, you will be fine. I am really wishing I went and had a dinner, I have just realised that the month of August, I have not actually really eaten anything! lol

One dinner isn't going to hurt your opti .. Go and enjoy it. =)
Back to top Go down
http://realghoststories.com.au
Synna
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

I'd like to have had a big celebration dinner before starting opti, but the week before opti i came down with a horrendous flu and didn't feel like eating at all! Ripped off. Now all i can think about is a big seafood dinner. I'm considering doing that the weekend before surgery, but I'm not sure I could deal with the guilt of having broken my opti.

I wish I'd been able to keep walking everyday, but I had to stop, physio's orders. Should be able to start that again soon, now my tendons are getting better.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

Hey Synna ....... Congrats .......... And yeaha for me it's been a long long journey 12 months to wait just like you ....... But it's almost here ...Thank God ........ Hey was just wondering is there anything that you wished you would of done before the opti stage ........any advice .... hehehehehehehehehe .............

Wishing you all the very best and a speedy recovery ........ I'll be on opti soon .........I Am already thinking about my farewell Dinner Meal at a resturant ........ But honesty i am thinking of losing a bit of weight ....... Starting in Sept. to hopefully lose about 10kgs before surgery ....... Hopefully ......

Current weight 123kgs 163cm tall
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

I've gotten through the last 51 weeks by trying to not think about the surgery, then planing planing planing the logistics of how I'm going to get things done. I've been on my opti for a week. And this time next week, I'll be in recovery.

It has gone so slow, but so fast at the same time. I feel like a kid waiting for xmas. The more you focus on it, the slower time seems to go. Although I must say that the past week on opti has felt like a month, and I think this week will go slower....

Congrats on those recently sleeved who had waited the 12mths. For those who are waiting, the time will come...eventually

Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

Jaime, when you starting this topic we both had ages to go - it has gone by so fast and now It's almost your turn for surgery.. Time did fly..
I'm now 3 days post op .. can't believe it's actually over and done with and a new journey in my life is about to begin..

For all those waiting - the time really does go by fast and before you know it, it's your turn.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sat 13 Aug 2011, 11:28 am

It sure is nearly here :D
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

All the very best bamba and a speedy recovery ............

It's been a long and tough journey But yeaha it's almost here ........ 12 months in the waiting

Can't wait and bring it on ..................

Date of surgery 1/11/11

Back to top Go down
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:02 am

you having surgery tomorrow bamba!! how awesome is that. your wait is nearly over.

thank you jaime. i have my finger crossed it goes through quickly coz i only have 2 months to go.

bellshell sounds like you are doing really well :)
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:00 am

Nearly there Synna!! You are doing well, keep up the great work :D

Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:59 pm

Hey bell, good to read you are doing well :)

Welcome cocosnuts! Everyone's Apra experiences and wait times differ, but for me, I was approved in 21 working days and then it took over a month to actually get the money from Australian Super ... they stuffed me around big time. I have heard of people getting their funds within a few days of sending in their application.

Good luck with it all!!
Back to top Go down
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

hi guys.

Im new here, ive been refered here by a friend of mine who is a member.

I have recently just gotten private health (june 11), but i have been waiting 2.5 years for surgery on the public system and have recently given up on that and am going private. I am having a bypass so i hope its ok im here.

I decided not to wait the year and am seeing a surgeon who will do my surgery as a private patient in a public hospital. I have a surgery date of 18th October this year. I have never been so nervous and excited at the same time!!!

I have 2 beautiful children and i want to see them grow up and being only 25 i have so much of my life ahead of me and want to be able to live it to the full. I have 110% support from my family and friends which is making the process easier.

For those who accessed their super to pay for their surgery, how long did it take from applying to apra to getting money from your super fund. i applied 1st august and they said the other day i should have an answer by the 18th august. im just nervous im gonna be cutting it fine because i have to pay my surgeon before the 4th october.

thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
Bellshell
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Wed 10 Aug 2011, 7:23 am

hello everyone,

I am hanging in there. Thank you for all your support. I have been getting a little more game but not pushing it. When I say a little more game I mean I am having a little more purees. It helps a little. Some mushy foods help too.

Of course I can't eat much at once but it is good.

Not much longer to go now.
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:17 pm

Gosh, i remember the day I increased my private health insurance. 13/8/10. It's now almost a year ago. It has gone so quick and so slow at the same time. I'm on my third day of opti now for surgery on the 22/8/11. Taking one day at a time, but several threaten to hit me at once.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 09 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

It's been a long and tough journey But yeaha it's almost here ........ 12 months in the waiting hehehehehehehehe ....... I am now preparing my mind and focusing on issues now ........ Talking to the family that i might be a bit moody especailly over the Optifast stage and i know i will be with the constant headaches ..... So i am asking everybody in my family to please be patient bcos this is the surgery that i need for health reasons ........

Can't wait and bring it on ..................

Date of surgery 1/11/11

admission signed 27/7/11

Cheers from lovelyslim
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm

These 12 months of waiting are truly speeding by now!

Bellshell, hope you are hanging in there with the liquid stage. Not much longer :) Hope you are recovering well.

Optifast is fast approaching......

Sending positive vibes to those who have started/starting soon!!! Lets all stay focussed and on goal :)

xx
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:06 pm

Less than 6 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:33 pm

Not long to go now ........ Its been a long long ride ....... Only 2months a bit left ......

I so want to lose at lest 10kilos before surgery ... But it's so so hard .... I keep on eating bcos i know i wont be able to soon ..... How stupid of me cos the fatter i get the more i have to lose in the long run ....... need to change my head ...

Current weight 124kilos (163cm tall ) ............
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Thu 04 Aug 2011, 5:21 pm

All is Good here ............ Hand in there Bell your doing excellent .......... And bring it on Jaime .....and Bamba wishing you all the best .........

Not long to go now ........ Its been a long long ride ....... Only 2months a bit left ......

I so want to lose at lest 10kilos before surgery ... But it's so so hard .... I keep on eating bcos i know i wont be able to soon ..... How stupid of me cos the fatter i get the more i have to lose in the long run ....... need to change my head ...

Current weight 124kilos (163cm tall ) ............
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Tue 02 Aug 2011, 1:37 am

Hey bell ... yeah it would be so hard, I can't even imagine! I hope the next 3 weeks go super fast for you. Maybe keep thinking that if you eat something, it will ruin all the hard work your surgeon did and wont give your new tummy time to heal. I have a mental picture of what our new tummy will look like and it bursting if we eat solids too soon lol.

Well my super hit my account this morning and my surgery is now paid for!!! I am super excited, it's even more real now!!
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:55 pm

Hello Jamie,
I am doing much better. I was not too good the day I came home from hospital but now I am well into recovery.

When I did opti I had got my head around if I don't do this I wont get my sleeve so I stuck to it to the letter. I am struggling now more with the liquid stage than I did with opti. I just want to eat. I don't want to eat much just a little bit. And knowing it is going to be another 3 weeks before I can is really difficult.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:14 am

Hey Nic, hang in there lovely! Try and keep yourself occupied ... Can't believe your surgery is just around the corner :D
Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Mon 01 Aug 2011, 2:33 am

I'm on 2nd day of Opti and not finding it easy - but 11 days to go of it and it's all over, just gotta hang in there!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Mon 01 Aug 2011, 1:52 am

Ahhhhh it's getting so close lovelyslim! 5 weeks til Opti here!
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 31 Jul 2011, 5:31 pm

10 weeks till Optifast

Congrats Bell

Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

Hey everyone ..

Hey Bell, how are you doing? I hope you are home and feeling much better! Thinking of you. Glad everything went well, except for the vomitting :(
Back to top Go down

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: