Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aswift

Female
Number of posts: 5
Registration date: 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:25 am

[/quote]

Hi There,

Dr J charged about $5K plus his initial Dr visits, but the care he provides after for the year including the dietitian, was included in the $5K.

But, best to go to the info session, as I found it extremely helpful. My husband also came along, and I think he got more out of it than I did!! They will give you all the booklets and info there.

He is a quiet man, but with a cheekyness about him. Very nice. I have had not one issue since I was sleeved back in October, and now have lost 23kgs! So happy! Best thing I ever did!

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Christina.[/quote]

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for that and well done that is a huge amount of weight in such a short time! My partner is coming to the info session as well, I am so excited :D

Thanks again!

Amy
Back to top Go down
Chris36

Female
Number of posts: 55
Registration date: 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Sat 17 Dec 2011, 12:35 pm

aswift wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to this site but am looking to get surgery with Dr Jorgensen at St George. I have booked in for the information evening for late January but wanted to get as much info as possible beforehand.

I am not in a health fund and was wondering how much the surgery would be without it?

Hi There,

Dr J charged about $5K plus his initial Dr visits, but the care he provides after for the year including the dietitian, was included in the $5K.

But, best to go to the info session, as I found it extremely helpful. My husband also came along, and I think he got more out of it than I did!! They will give you all the booklets and info there.

He is a quiet man, but with a cheekyness about him. Very nice. I have had not one issue since I was sleeved back in October, and now have lost 23kgs! So happy! Best thing I ever did!

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Christina.
Back to top Go down
aswift

Female
Registration date: 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Cost without cover   Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:37 am

Hi all,

I'm new to this site but am looking to get surgery with Dr Jorgensen at St George. I have booked in for the information evening for late January but wanted to get as much info as possible beforehand.

I am not in a health fund and was wondering how much the surgery would be without it?

Back to top Go down
Chris36

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

Frangipani Girl wrote:
Welcome Christina,

I found Dr J to be a very professional and experienced surgeon in his field.

His whole team is fantastic to deal with and are supportive in every way. St George Private Hospital staff are also great. I am happy for you to contact me or meet up if you wish. We are having a get together at Menai in September for coffee. I found it very inspirational to meet others who had been or going to be sleeved.

Everyone on this site is so supportive - so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have.

Take care
Jenny

Thanks very much Jenny. I actually read the post about the Menai catch up. Its just around the corner from my house!!

From what I've read so far, everyone seems very supportive of each other, and share so much useful and inspirational information. I guess we all know what its like, and its very easy to be open here.

I've read all his information and its pretty straight forward. I'm just looking at receipes now. So I can plan etc.

Thanks again,

Christina.
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 548
Registration date: 2010-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

Welcome Christina,

I found Dr J to be a very professional and experienced surgeon in his field.

His whole team is fantastic to deal with and are supportive in every way. St George Private Hospital staff are also great. I am happy for you to contact me or meet up if you wish. We are having a get together at Menai in September for coffee. I found it very inspirational to meet others who had been or going to be sleeved.

Everyone on this site is so supportive - so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have.

Take care

Last edited by Frangipani Girl on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris36

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:08 pm

I'm booked in for my sleeve on 12th October 2011.

My GP recommended Dr Jorgensen, and I had heard a lot of good things about him. After the seminar, I knew I definately wanted to have him as my surgeon. He is such a gentle and passionate man. I felt very secure talking to him.

So I'm very excited to be a few steps closer to my op, and I have full confidence in Dr Jorgensen and his team.

Christina.
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Wed 16 Feb 2011, 8:08 am

Shrinkingpeach wrote:
I am being sleeved with Dr J on the 10th of march. I am not sure if i am asking this in the right place, but can anyone tell me what the hospital experience is like? Did you have to share a room? What are the nurses like? How often does Dr J come around and see you after surgery? Any other info about the experience would be greatly appreciated. Or if someone can please just point me in the right place to post. Thanks!

Hi Shrinkingpeach,

I am also being sleeved by Dr J. I have spoken with a couple of his patients and they have been both in single and shared rooms. The nurses and their team at St George Private are apparently fantastic and supportive - even with their after surgery support if you need to call them. The last person I spoke to was in for 4 nights as she had a hernia repair as well and Dr J was supportive until she was comfortable to go home.

I have heard nothing but supportive things about him and his team.

Take care and stay in touch.

Last edited by Frangipani Girl on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrinkingpeach

Female
Number of posts: 100
Registration date: 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

I am being sleeved with Dr J on the 10th of march. I am not sure if i am asking this in the right place, but can anyone tell me what the hospital experience is like? Did you have to share a room? What are the nurses like? How often does Dr J come around and see you after surgery? Any other info about the experience would be greatly appreciated. Or if someone can please just point me in the right place to post. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Surgery date booked :)   Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:42 am

Well, I finally saw Dr Jorgensen last Friday and my surgery date has been booked for 7th April 2011. I wish it was sooner but I know time will fly.

My next appointment is 3 March to followup on blood tests and go through the surgery and see his dietician.

The whole process with his office has been a pleasant one - including Dr J.

I was on such a high when I left his office and then became teary when I got home with the realisation of how I have let my sell go.

My emotions go from one extreme to another, but I know things are going to better.

Will keep you posted with my journey.

Last edited by Frangipani Girl on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bottom28

Male
Number of posts: 81
Registration date: 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Thu 20 Jan 2011, 10:45 am

Hi All

Just wondered if there are any recent Jorgenson Sleevers on and can they offer any feedback?

I have been referred to Dr J and wouldn't mind an insight - I see a lot of positive from the rest of the forum but from past times.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Dr Jorgensen   Mon 27 Dec 2010, 6:39 am

Thanks Gail.

Looking forward to seeing him in January. Fingers crossed that maybe I can book my surgery at my first appt - off course lets hope I am a candidate.

Will keep this forum posted.

Happy New Year

Last edited by Frangipani Girl on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 587
Registration date: 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 12:26 pm

Hi Jenny

At your appointment Dr J will have a chat with you and go through all the options that he thinks are suitable for your situation (as we are all different), then if you have already decided what procedure you are going to have, you should be able to book your op then and there. You will also mostly likely need to see the dietician before your surgery and will probably have to do Opti for at least a couple of weeks prior to your surgery as well.

You are in good hands with Dr J.

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: 1st Appt with Dr J - 25 Jan 2011   Tue 21 Dec 2010, 7:02 pm

Hi all,
I have attended Dr Jorgensen's info night this month and his 1st available appointment is for the 25/1/2011.
What is the next step once you have seen him? How long before he can book you in for the op?
Any feedback would be great.

Last edited by Frangipani Girl on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 587
Registration date: 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Sat 21 Aug 2010, 7:01 pm

Hi Gemps

Dr J charges around $4,000 for the procedure and the anaethetist around $1,500 as well, although this may have changed slightly since I had my op. You'll get around $900 back from Medicare/PHI for Dr J and I think from memory around $700 for the anaesthetist.

Normally you need to do one of his information sessions prior to getting an appointment, but you'd be best phoning his rooms as you are travelling to see if you can get an appointment straight up.

He gets my thorough recommendation.

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
gemp285

Female
Number of posts: 8
Registration date: 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Cost   Fri 20 Aug 2010, 1:53 pm

Hi I am looking at Dr JJ as my surgeon and was wondering if anyone can tell me the out of pocket for the sleeve with him? and what the process of appointments is with him? as I would be traveling to see him.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
JulesR

Female
Number of posts: 90
Registration date: 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Sun 27 Jun 2010, 6:27 pm

Mrs gwt,
$4000 for Dr J + about $500 out of pocket for the anesthetist.. dietician & followup visits are included in the $4000 fee.

Jules
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 412
Registration date: 2010-05-24

PostSubject: COST of sleeve with Dr Dr. John Jorgensen   Sat 26 Jun 2010, 9:13 pm

hi all
wondering what your costs were with Dr J. ????
any out of pockets and surprises.... like umm sleep guy can't spell anastesiologset for the life of me.. does it include stuff like dietition???
thanks
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 412
Registration date: 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Fri 25 Jun 2010, 4:32 pm

this is exactly what i needed to hear tonight.
thank you all!!!
Back to top Go down
marg2511

Female
Registration date: 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Mon 21 Jun 2010, 9:30 am

whitegold10 wrote:
So for anyone wondering in the future about Dr Jorgenson... I saw Dr J today and he was was really nice and professional. He said he does much, much more sleeves than bands now as they give better 'quality of life' than the band and although the hospital stay is longer it is relatively less risky long term. Also, he has not had any leaks and does around 8-10 sleeves a week. I am very happy with him and am booked in for the end of July for my sleeve!

Good luck, I was sleeved by Dr J last week, his whole team is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
marg2511

Female
Registration date: 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney   Mon 21 Jun 2010, 9:27 am

I am happy to recommend Dr Jorgensen to anyone considering a sleeve. He is an absolutely brilliant surgeon and
is extremely experienced. St George Private offer fantastic after surgery care and you just know you are in good hands. I was sleeved only last Thursday. Very thankful and looking forward to a very exciting rest of my life kiss

Agree girls easy on the eyes
Back to top Go down

Dr John Jorgensen - St George Private Hospital - Kogarah Sydney

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: -