View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts: 3694
Registration date: 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 27 Apr 2010, 4:25 pm

Hi George,
Any word yet on what they think is causing the bruising ???

Just a hint with the pictures, if you change the size to about 1/4 of what they are your page will return to normal size.

All the best and keep us updated.

Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 579
Registration date: 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 27 Apr 2010, 6:11 am

georgexiro, oh I'm glad they are checking them, they just seem to severe to not investigate them further. All the best, keep us up to date!
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
georgexiro

Male
Number of posts: 115
Registration date: 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 27 Apr 2010, 6:00 am

Hi Janette, and sandy_lou, the bruising I have has gotten worse. Last night the nurse told me to take of pyjamas and undies, get back into hospital gown. They called the Dr to come in to see me this morning. Just as I thought I was about to go home, the nurse doesnt think I will be going anywhere anytime soon
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 579
Registration date: 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 27 Apr 2010, 5:09 am

That looks yum, georgexiro! Hope those bruises heal up quickly they are pretty spectacular! Really enjoying your photos and updates.
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts: 4336
Registration date: 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 27 Apr 2010, 4:09 am

You are having a long stay in hospital, hope everything is OK.
Back to top Go down
georgexiro

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 7:54 pm

Hi Nat, this is all i needed to eat. The fish was puree'd !! Not chopped, it was blended like baby food but tasted no different than it would have . The bruises are still there !!

Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts: 1691
Registration date: 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 6:31 pm

georgexiro wrote:
Hi LeDiva, I am still in hospital tonight, I got a good feeling that I will be home tomorrow. I am feeling better, sugar levels are still perfect !!

I had another great meal tonight. I ate ( Puree ) Baked Fish in White Wine & Chrvil Sauce, brocolli and pumpkin.

I didnt need much to fill me up.

I feel on top of the world......Once again, thank you EVERYONE....I am so grateful to this site & good luck to everyone else who is about to get sleeved !

That is so good to hear George, is the bruising getting any better?

And where is our pictures of your dinner?

Nat xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
georgexiro

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 6:26 pm

Hi LeDiva, I am still in hospital tonight, I got a good feeling that I will be home tomorrow. I am feeling better, sugar levels are still perfect !!

I had another great meal tonight. I ate ( Puree ) Baked Fish in White Wine & Chrvil Sauce, brocolli and pumpkin.

I didnt need much to fill me up.

I feel on top of the world......Once again, thank you EVERYONE....I am so grateful to this site & good luck to everyone else who is about to get sleeved !
Back to top Go down
georgexiro

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 6:24 pm

BLANK POST. CAN MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE ?

Last edited by georgexiro on Mon 26 Apr 2010, 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeDiva

Female
Number of posts: 12
Registration date: 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 6:12 pm

Janette wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am just back from NZ, a week ago I was in Manukau.
Flew home last Monday.

Good luck with your surgery.

Hey thanks Janette, congrads on your weightloss. Your highest weight is exactly what I am at now 127kgs. Look forward to more updates on your progress. cheers LDxox
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts: 4336
Registration date: 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 11:06 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am just back from NZ, a week ago I was in Manukau.
Flew home last Monday.

Good luck with your surgery.
Back to top Go down
LeDiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 8:10 am

sssss wrote:
Hi Lee

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a timetable from the doc...something to start with and aim for. Like others have said, I also lurked on the site for sometime before posting...and I also have devoured the diaries and the galleries...there is such a wealth of information available here...and so many people with big hearts and great stories to tell...

The next eight weeks will fly by....

S

Thanking you heaps , and your so right this forum does have a wealth of knowledge, real experiences from real people. I am on here just about everyday, reading and gathering as much info as possible. Better to be prepared for surgery and after then not prepared at all. Just knowing that it is all going to happen soon has lifted my self esteem up heaps. Take care and talk to ya soon
Back to top Go down
LeDiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Mon 26 Apr 2010, 8:04 am

georgexiro wrote:
Hi LeDiva, I am a newbie as well. I was sleeved on the 20th of April 2010. I am still in hospital as the doctor repaired my Hiatus hernia. I owe everything to this wonderful site. I was lurking around for a few months and I wouldnt of had the confidence to get the sleeve procedure if I didnt find this site.
Apart from the pain I am having from the surgery , my spirits are high, I am so excited , so happy, i have never cried so much in my life..Tears of joy....I am not taking ANY of my diabetes medication any longer. I am living on a small amount of clear soup, peppermint tea, custard and apple juice. I feel great.

Good luck with your journey and all the best to you and to everyone else on this forum.

Regards

George

Hi George, thanks mate, are you out of hospital yet? I hope it all went well. Good to see your no longer needing medication for your diabetes , thats a big accomplishment indeed. Welldone and thanks so much for some much needed support
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts: 2844
Registration date: 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Sat 24 Apr 2010, 4:27 pm

Hi Lee

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a timetable from the doc...something to start with and aim for. Like others have said, I also lurked on the site for sometime before posting...and I also have devoured the diaries and the galleries...there is such a wealth of information available here...and so many people with big hearts and great stories to tell...

The next eight weeks will fly by....

S
Back to top Go down
georgexiro

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Sat 24 Apr 2010, 12:26 am

Hi LeDiva, I am a newbie as well. I was sleeved on the 20th of April 2010. I am still in hospital as the doctor repaired my Hiatus hernia. I owe everything to this wonderful site. I was lurking around for a few months and I wouldnt of had the confidence to get the sleeve procedure if I didnt find this site.
Apart from the pain I am having from the surgery , my spirits are high, I am so excited , so happy, i have never cried so much in my life..Tears of joy....I am not taking ANY of my diabetes medication any longer. I am living on a small amount of clear soup, peppermint tea, custard and apple juice. I feel great.

Good luck with your journey and all the best to you and to everyone else on this forum.

Regards

George
Back to top Go down
LeDiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Fri 23 Apr 2010, 5:28 pm

Thanks so much guys for all your support and the information on here is just fantastic. Better then any weight loss surgery book from the library. Real people with real experiences telling you how it really is. Anyway just thought Id update and let y'all know how my meeting went today. My surgeon was a very straight forward guy and ask me my reasons to have the surgery . He weighed me and said I have to lose 8kgs in 8 weeks before I start on the optifast. I am over the moon and cant wait for the next meeting. I will be put forward for surgery but they havent given me a date yet. Fingers cross ...hopefully soon. Will keep ya all updated .. Take care

Caz : Welldone on reaching your goal , I can imagine you are half the woman you use to be and I say that in a physical sense. If that makes sense.lol. Take care and keep up the good work

Sharon: Thanks a ton, I cant wait to be on the otherside - Pre surgery seems to take forever. But it all seems wellworth it , cheers for support!!

Gail: Enjoy reading some of the stories on here - Having the surgery is not the same as having say your gall bladder taken out , or your kidney removed or even some varicose veins operated on. Why? because this is the only surgery in the world that really is life changing for the better . I totally understand why so many people are getting it, and I will be one of them. Thanks gail for your support and heres a big hug coming your way.

Libby: Thanks sweetheart. I must say your looking fantastic. I am going to make myself a hot cuppa get the bean bag out enxt to the computer and have a good read on this forum for the next 3hrs. Take care xox
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts: 1975
Registration date: 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 20 Apr 2010, 4:49 pm

Hello and welcome LeDiva,

Definitely do as gail says and look at all the amazing photos in the gallery. They are awe inspiring.

Good luck with your surgeon. Hope you get a date thats not too far in the future.

Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts: 3694
Registration date: 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 20 Apr 2010, 8:17 am

Hi Diva,
Welcome aboard.

There is a heap of information here for you, make a coffee and read read read. If you can't find what you are looking for hollar LOL

I can also recommend being on the other side very highly, my surgery was last August.
Go wander through the gallery and don't forget to read the diaries there is a wealth of information there as well as a darn good laugh on occasion.

Good luck on Friday and I hope that your surgery date is really soon.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts: 715
Registration date: 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 20 Apr 2010, 6:56 am

and welcome Lee,
Like Carrie I had my sleeve done in Feb this year,best thing I have ever done...
Hope you get your date soon , you will be sooo happy with the results the sleeve will bring...
I'ts amazing how back to normal you feel in such a short time after the op...
You never feel that you are missing out on anything,as you can still enjoy what you like,all be it in much smaller amounts...

All the best,
Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts: 5908
Registration date: 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow   Tue 20 Apr 2010, 4:56 am

Welcome

I had my op in Feb last year and am now below my goal. It is life-changing!!!

Good luck
Caz
Back to top Go down

The Journey towards the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  ::  :: -