Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Simsy85

Male
Number of posts: 12
Registration date: 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   02/11/09, 03:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone on here been sleeved by Dr Hopkins at Chermside?

I'm booked in with him on the 14th of December and a good friend of mine had a band done by him a couple of months ago.

Cheers
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
darmount

Number of posts: 3
Registration date: 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   05/06/11, 08:07 am

Clarity wrote:
Wow Darmount - what a result!!! I'm still in dream-land over mine - finding it hard to comprehend that I AM LOSING WEIGHT and it's been such an easy road for me!

Saw Margie the dietician the other day and she is the loveliest person and very knowledgeable.

I hope you're all doing well (I'm sure you are - George is a damn good surgeon).

Go the GH Club! ;)

Clare

Hi,
Just an update. Approximately 1 year now and almost 70kg's gone. Feel like a new person. I now have appoinments with plastic surgeon's to remove the 5-10kg of loose skin. All in all this is amazing. I owe George my life. He is an amazing man. Yes his bedside manner can be annoying as he doesn't talk to you for long. However he does what he does with genuine care.
I can now shop in the normal people clothes!!! It is like a kid in a candy store. Good luck everyone. And thankyou sooooo much George!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts: 102
Registration date: 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   04/06/11, 07:18 pm

george hopkins did my surgery on the 31st may 2011, he was wonderful, made me feel very at ease, he came and saw me a few hours before op and also about half a hour before, he may be very short at times seems to be running at a million miles a hour but he is genuinely nice, helpful and a great surgon. He is honest and also afforable.
i expected to be in hospital for 4 to 5 days i was only in 2 nights. i have 5 very small cuts and hardly any brusing.
i am only 6 days out of surgery and have lost 3.8kgs, i think thats pretty good, will have to see what the future holds but surgon wise he is great
Back to top Go down
darmount

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   21/07/10, 05:15 pm

I see margie on Friday. She is also very helpful.

Clarity wrote:
Wow Darmount - what a result!!! I'm still in dream-land over mine - finding it hard to comprehend that I AM LOSING WEIGHT and it's been such an easy road for me!

Saw Margie the dietician the other day and she is the loveliest person and very knowledgeable.

I hope you're all doing well (I'm sure you are - George is a damn good surgeon).

Go the GH Club! ;)

Clare
Back to top Go down
Clarity

Female
Number of posts: 128
Registration date: 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   21/07/10, 05:10 pm

Go the GH Club! ;)

Clare
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/clarevf
darmount

Male

PostSubject: George George George   21/07/10, 04:50 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am not a gastric sleeve patient however I have had Roux en Y Gastric Bypass with George Hopkins. He was also my Lap Band surgeon. I had surgery on the 25th May and today 21 July now weigh 30kgs less. George is an outstanding surgeon. He does however go at a million miles a minute. He isn't big on the conversation/explanation stuff but has always been amazing to me. Vicki his long time receptionist is just amazing. I thank them both for possibly saving my life.

9 Octoboer 2011: Just a little update Make that 75kg's now and going in for plastic surgery to finish off the transformation

Last edited by darmount on 09/10/11, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diafol

Male
Number of posts: 63
Registration date: 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   27/05/10, 01:10 pm

I was sleeved by Dr Hopkins on the 6th April 2010 and I am very happy with the results,no pain or bruising and no leaks in my sleeve. He was very straight with me and to the point. He made it very clear that if I didnt change my eating habits and lose weight before the surgery he would not do the surgery which gave me added incentive to succeed. I found him pleasant and always knew who I was and always very positive about the surgery. I would recommend him for sure,he really went above and beyond the call of duty with me and wrote letters,made phone calls to get me into surgery quicker as I was on the public waiting list.If it wasnt for him I would still be waiting for the surgery.nothing but praise for him.
Back to top Go down
not as tubbie39

Female
Number of posts: 42
Registration date: 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   16/05/10, 12:43 pm

Hey Clare, Glad the surgery has gone well for you. Its so scary knowing it's coming up. I was a lot like you in the regards to Dr John Hopkins, didnt find info till after i posted on here. So I just asked him straight out how experienced he was. Hes was polite, to the point, no time to waste in his work hours I think. He will definetly develop health issues in the future if he doesnt slow down...no, guess we're lucky to have surgeons who want to make the most out of their work time.
Hope your weight melts away very quick. take care,
kim
Back to top Go down
Clarity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   16/05/10, 09:01 am

Hey Tubbie!

The surgery went REALLY well - George seems to have a reputation for doing the op with minimal pain and very little bruising. He's a perfectionist but I found his bedside manner a little brusque and lacking - my two-week post-op appointment took 10 minutes at most and he spent most of the time talking to the other surgeon in the room about my surgery which I found a little off-putting.

On the bright side though, the nurses and dieticians in his office are lovely and he obviously does a really good job when it comes to the most important thing - the sleeve!

Good luck with your date - I think you'll be really pleased with George and the results!

Clare xx
Back to top Go down
not as tubbie39

Female
Number of posts: 42
Registration date: 2009-10-13

PostSubject: I met George on Wednesday   15/05/10, 06:30 pm

Hi, I met with George on Wednesday. I found him to be direct and to the point. Hes done about 80 sleeves to date, and seemed very reassuring. I just have to wait for my date, and I'll be able to join in on here a bit more. How did your surgery go??Hope all is good with you.
Back to top Go down
Clarity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   19/04/10, 02:52 pm

THANKS!!!

It's just you don't hear much about Dr Hopkins in these circles and I was getting a little anxious...

I am SO glad that you are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Simsy85

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   19/04/10, 02:47 pm

Doin great mate - feel as good as ever, running twice a week and walking 3 times a week.

Enjoying life and still loosing weight.

You'll be fine - I know you will be - your in safe hands with a great team!
Back to top Go down
Clarity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   19/04/10, 02:37 pm

Thanks Simsy

I've only got 1 day to go till surgery.

How are you feeling? All recovered nicely??? I need re-assurance!!! lol

Regards,
Clare
Back to top Go down
Simsy85

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   19/04/10, 02:32 pm

Hi Again

Apologies for the delay - I only get on so often.

The stomach, i'm sure he said he used staples, with the wound sealing, well to be honest all i can remember is mine having sterie strips on them, they are VERY small, not big at all - no need to worry.

As for my anaethatist, I saw him in the pre-op ward right before the op, he came in and did the normal anaethatist questions.

Good luck - hope all goes well.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Clarity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   11/04/10, 09:42 am

Hi Diamonds (what a sparkly name!)

Welcome to Dr Hopkin's thread! lol

There's only a few of us on here at the moment - don't think he's as well known as some of the other Brisbane surgeons but is very professional and apparently he has a lot of experience and a huge following of happy banders.

I'm heading in for my op in a week and a half and feeling bloody nervous!!! Hope your time whizzes past. Are you a North-sider? Just posted a new topic in the Meetups area for us all to get together - would be great to meet another Dr Hops patient.

Have a great weekend,
Clare xx
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Clarity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   04/04/10, 08:33 pm

Hi Simsy,

Just wondering a few things if you wouldn't mind sharing...

Did you see the anaethatist before your surgery? No one has said anything to me about it yet...

How does George close the stomach? Some surgeons use glue, heat seal etc. as well as the staples - did he tell you any of this?

I liked George, he seemed a no nonsence sort of fella but was a little distracted in his office with other patients...

Hope things are still going well for you - only 18 days to go till it's my turn *gulp*.

Clare
Back to top Go down
Clarity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   19/03/10, 05:03 am

Wow Simsy - your weight loss is fabulous!!!

I found a site last night where they were singing the praises of George (and drooling over him...little weird - maybe I'm not old enough! ;) so that made me feel a little better. Your feedback was icing on the cake, it seems he is a very careful and attentive surgeon.

I'm getting really excited now and can't wait to start the next phase of my life. I hope you're enjoying your transformation too.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Clare
Back to top Go down
Simsy85

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   18/03/10, 07:19 pm

Hi Clarity

Sorry I havent been on for a while....

I had a very sucessful surgery with George, I was 148kgs when I started and I'm now down to around 120kgs after 2 and half months.

I can eat just about anything (at least I haven't found anything I can't eat yet). George was great, came and saw me several times afterward whilst I was recovering (I had mine done at Royal Brisbane, not Holy Spirit).

My mate who had his done, was actually the same starting weight (148kgs) and he's just about to break the 100kgs mark (101kgs as @ Monday night). He had his done 7 weeks earlier than me and had his done by Dr Phil Lockie (who he quite likes).

As for my results, i've lost about 18cms off my waist and dropped a heap of shirt sizes - very happy, best choice I ever made.

On a side note, I never really actually felt any pain after the surgery (I was on a morphine drip for two days afterwards, but I think I could have done without it (I think I only used it a couple of times).

Surgery wise - the skill that George showed was proved by the barium swallow (whilst it taste HORRIBLE hahaha) i had a perfect result - George commented that it was textbook perfect.

Anything else you would like to know? Happy to share

Cheers

Simsy
Back to top Go down
Clarity

Female

PostSubject: How'd you go?   18/03/10, 05:27 pm

Hi Simsy,

I'm going through Dr Hopkins for my sleeve on 21 April and would be really interested to know how you went with yours? Also, is your friend doing well after the band?

Hope everything's great!

Clare
Back to top Go down
Simsy85

Male

PostSubject: Dr Hopkins at Chermside   02/11/09, 03:43 pm

Has anyone on here been sleeved by Dr Hopkins at Chermside?

I'm booked in with him on the 14th of December and a good friend of mine had a band done by him a couple of months ago.

Cheers
Back to top Go down

Dr Hopkins at Chermside

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: -