Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dreamsandvision

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Today at 5:33 am

Hi Poppet and Mystical
All good here. Feel like I am just treading water waiting for my sleeve date. It is silly to think if life being on hold as life is really good but I am just impatient to move forward into my new way of doing things. I really didn't even notice the band removal. A bit sore adore a day or two and that was it. Once the colonoscopy was over and there was no bad news there I was rearing to go. The next 6 weeks will be a killer. We have my birthday, my husbands birthday, a wedding, my daughter and new grandson coming for a week and wedding dress shopping for another daughter- so not good for healthy eating bit good for time going quickly.
Glad you recovered well Mysical. Hopefully October will come quickly. Poppet should we make a August thread so we can find it? Mysical u are welcome to join us as a honorary August team member as we will be watching your journey closely.
Back to top Go down
Mystical

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Today at 4:12 am

Hi Poppet,

Doing great, healing nicely, only had slight discomfort really.

Went back to work on Wednesday but am off today as am dealing with a stressful issue at work, my medical certificate included today so decided to stay home, don't need the stress ATM...

I have a date for my sleeve, 6th of October, very excited, 3 months to wait but looking forward to it, time will be gone before I know it...

My surgeon wants to see me every month between now and the surgery and I need to make an appointment to see the nutritionist to get the ball rolling on everything where that's concerned.

Hope your appointment with the psychologist goes well today.

Cheers,

Mystical 😃
Back to top Go down
Poppet

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Yesterday at 10:17 am

Hi Guys,
How are you both?
I'm off to see the psych tomorrow for my pre-op review. Things are starting to feel real.
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Fri 16 Jun 2017, 11:39 am

Hi Mystical
So glad all went well. Tine to look forward now
Back to top Go down
Poppet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Fri 16 Jun 2017, 11:37 am

Great to hear all went well, Mystical. Rest up x
Back to top Go down
Mystical

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Fri 16 Jun 2017, 11:16 am

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know my surgery is done and the band is out 
Surgery went well and only have a little bit of pain, doctor has me on clear fluids, I'm looking at it like a trial run for the sleeve lol.. I know slightly different but got to look on the bright side 😜

Suppose to go home tomorrow after I have seen the doctor. Hope you are all well 😃

Till next time
kiss
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:11 pm

Yes time is flying by-only 5weeks til we start opti. Now that my fears of something more sinister have been laid to rest I am really excited. The band removal sent so smoothly I am hopeful for a good recovery from the sleeve. I have been reading everything I can find so now will start to look at recipes for the post op stage. Yay so excited
Back to top Go down
Poppet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Thu 15 Jun 2017, 11:44 am

Good luck for tomorrow Mystical, hope all goes well.
Dreamsandvision, I can't believe how quickly our dates are coming round! When I booked my op I had over 100 days and now I'm down to 50!!!! (48 for you)
Back to top Go down
Mystical

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Thu 15 Jun 2017, 9:28 am

How exciting to have a date for your sleeve 
Back to top Go down
Mystical

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Thu 15 Jun 2017, 9:26 am

Thanks Dreamsandvision,

Little bit nervous about it but needs to be done as it has been useless for me. Hope everything went well for your colonoscopy and you are feeling better...
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Thu 15 Jun 2017, 9:24 am

Yay Now I can get excited and focus on the sleeve surgery. Had to have a colonoscopy today as I have had really low iron and as I have had bowel cancer it was a big concern. I asked that my regular screening colonoscopy be brought forward to rule out any problems before proceeding to the sleeve. So happy to get the all clear today. Bring on Aug 2.
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Thu 15 Jun 2017, 2:36 am

Hi Mystical
Thinking of you tomorrow for your band removal. Praying all goes smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Mystical

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Sun 11 Jun 2017, 2:29 am

Great to hear all went well, thanks for the reply 😃

I hope my removal goes as smoothly as yours seems to have gone.  First step in kicking this weight loss journey!
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Sun 11 Jun 2017, 1:00 am

Hi Mystical
The band removal went really well. Much better than I expected. In hospital overnight. Just a bit of discomfort but no real pain. Out of hospital the next morning. I then went way with hubby and friends for 4 days and was afraid I wouldn't be well enough to enjoy but all good. A bit sore today after a huge belly laughing session last night but that sort of laughing is good for the soul. Just having a colonoscopy later this week and once I get the all clear from this then I will get excited for the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Mystical

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Sat 10 Jun 2017, 10:30 pm

dreamsandvision wrote:
Hi Poppet and welcome Mystical
I am so hoping this is the end of the merry go round for me. I am working hard at maintaining my weight before the surgery but time will Tell how successful that will be. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before the surgery. Just found out I was very low in iron so now  having an iron infusion this week -explains the struggle to breathe at the gym which was new.
Puppet band removal is booked for June7. Well done on the weight loss so far. The beginning of thongs to come.

Hi dreamsandvision, how did your band removal go?

I am having my band removed on Friday 16th June.
Back to top Go down
Poppet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Tue 23 May 2017, 1:20 pm

Hi JD,
Good luck for tomorrow and for the days following. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Not long now for you too Ironman, it'll be here before you know it.
Thank you to you both for the opti info......not sure why I'm so anxious about that part......well I do! I don't want to fail at it
Back to top Go down
Ironman

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Tue 23 May 2017, 11:51 am

hi guys, Ironman from the May group,
Of all of this process i was more scared of the opti than anything else.
Interestingly though after the first three day (of hell) its been ok after that. the very low carb approach puts you into ketosis and  after the first three day i didnt have a big appetite.
I'm down 5kg in 8 days with 6 days to go.
Sleeve on monday 29th bring it on.
Back to top Go down
JD-Melb

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2016-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Tue 23 May 2017, 7:00 am

Hi Poppet! Welcome.

Beleive me, the Optifast has not been easy. I'm going in for a bypass tomorrow so I'm two weeks into the Opti now.
I'm down 10kg in just the two weeks, so that's a big motivator.

I can't handle the shakes, too sweet for me and the heavy dairy/whey taste is not a winner for me either.
I've been living on 2 cups of raw veges and three Opti bars a day. After the first few days ketosis kicks in and your hunger really just vanishes. Stomach hunger and brain hunger are two different things though and, although I haven't been stomach hungry, I have had to hold myself back from tackling a toddler with a hotdog.

The bars, shakes, desserts and soup are all essentially equal as meal replacements. Try them all. Eat whichever ones will get you through the day.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Mon 22 May 2017, 9:48 am

Hi Poppet and welcome Mystical
I am so hoping this is the end of the merry go round for me. I am working hard at maintaining my weight before the surgery but time will Tell how successful that will be. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before the surgery. Just found out I was very low in iron so now  having an iron infusion this week -explains the struggle to breathe at the gym which was new.
Puppet band removal is booked for June7. Well done on the weight loss so far. The beginning of thongs to come.
Back to top Go down
Poppet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Mon 22 May 2017, 5:42 am

Hi Mystical and Dreamsandvision

Once I had my date for my sleeve it was like a license to binge eat on anything I wanted and sod the consequences. In 6 weeks, I had put on 6kg!!
Two weeks ago I decided enough was enough and to try and lose it. So far I've managed to lose 4.4kg just from recorded everything on MyFitnessPal and being more aware of what's going in my mouth. 
I've never tried the opti shakes before but from reading through this forum there are some very mixed reviews. I'm leaning more towards the bars but I might give the coffee shake a go.
What date are you having your band removed Dreamsandvision? Good luck for the 16th Mystical
Back to top Go down
Mystical

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Sun 21 May 2017, 2:42 am

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the sight also and just wanted to say hi 👋🏼

Poppet, I can totally relate to your story, I'm 43 fat and have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, my weight puts added pressure on my knees and I find it extremely painful to walk or exercise. i have had several ops on my legs and my osteo surgen says my only option going forward is a total knee replacement but they don't like to do knee replacements until you are in your 60's... not sure I can wait that long 😟

Dreamsandvision, I also currently have a lap band as well which I am having removed 16/06/17 as I have had nothing but problems with it over the years. My doctor likes you to wait 4 months before having the sleeve done after band removal, so I will have to wait until November to get sleeved.

I really need to get the weight off for my health but am scared that my weight might go up more after having the band removed before I can be sleeved. I am also scared that the sleeve might not work because the band was useless for me...

I am trying to really watch what I eat and am starting to take some of the optislim shakes or bars to replace some meals once or twice a day just to get used to it. I have lost 5.7kg so far and don't find them too bad so I will continue with it and see what happens...

Wishing you both all the best 🙂
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Sat 20 May 2017, 9:58 am

I just wish it was sooner. I get the band out in the next couple of weeks and then have to wait two months before the sleeve. I am terrified about gaining weight in these couple of months. I detest Optifast and find I can only cope with the coffee flavour. I tend to drink it fast so I dont taste it so much. Won't be able to do that post op so plan to try and practice a better technique in the pre op diet. I am so scared that this won't work for me. Roll on August
Back to top Go down
Poppet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Wed 17 May 2017, 1:20 pm

Hi Dreamsandvision,

It's great to have another August sleever and an added bonus that we'll be in the same hospital at the same time.
I've been reading the May sleevers page with huge interest, trying to gain as much insight into the whole process, as possible.
I'm not looking forward to the whole optifast stage but I guess it's a necessary evil. Got to keep the bigger picture in mind!
Back to top Go down
dreamsandvision

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Wed 17 May 2017, 10:57 am

Hi Poppet
I am also getting my sleeve in Greenslopes on the 2nd August so we will be in hospital at the same time for a day or so. I currently have a lap band which is being removed in a couple of weeks. I lost about 20 kg with the band but then had a band slip and after that it was never quite right. I didn't put back all my weight but have battled with the same 5 kgs for the last 3 years - must have lost and gained it 50 times. So ready to move onto the next stage and get this weight of.
will be good to have someone going through the same stages at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Poppet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Popping in to say hi   Tue 16 May 2017, 2:24 am

Thanks for your reply!
Good luck.......those 13 days will fly by
Back to top Go down

Popping in to say hi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: