Hi from North Qld

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willbec

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2017-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Qld   Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:59 am

Thank you :). If you were able to track down some info on the Townsville Facebook group that would be awesome but don't go to any trouble.  I'm not on Instagram but if that changes I'll definitely look you up. Not too many questions at this stage really. I have a few friends/family that have had the surgery so I've been able to follow their journey's and get some feedback along the way :D.
Back to top Go down
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Qld   Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:06 pm

Hi, I'm from NQ as well and was sleeved by Dr Bovey in 2015. There is a Townsville sleeve Facebook group but it's secret and I left it a while ago, but I'll ask around for someone who is in it to get you added if you like. Mostly these day I'm on Instagram which I find very supportive, if you have an account I'm very happy for you to add me - my username is maintaining.maggie

Happy to answer any questions you have, just ask away :)
Back to top Go down
willbec

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2017-03-18

PostSubject: Hi from North Qld   Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I have a surgery date booked for 27th April with Dr Baker in Townsville. It's all still a bit surreal at the moment but I'm sure it will all sink in closer to the time. 

I'm not working currently although hope to after I've recovered from the surgery. I am a stay at home Mum to 3 boys (9yo, 6yo & 2yo) which keeps me fairly busy. Like most here I have tried a whole array of things to lose weight over the years but nothing sustainable.  I'm not looking for a quick fix because I realise this will still be hard work but I am definitely looking forward to the massive helping hand the sleeve will provide.  I have all my pre surgery investigations booked for next week (dietitian, psychologist, bloods,endoscopy & sleep study) and also start on the optifast phase later in the week.

This forum has already been quite helpful so I am sure it will be a valuable tool going forward and I am looking forward to reading more about everyone else's experience.

xx
Back to top Go down

Hi from North Qld
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: