View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gleni

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Journey to sleeve (and a new me)!   Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:29 am

Welcome!
I'm just new too and have my sleeve surgery scheduled on 18th April.
Not sure which is the better PHI, but the website iselect may give you some options.  I am in HCF (which had a discount attached, being a former NAB employee!)  It's probably a good idea for you to look at PHI if you are planning a baby in the future too!

It is great that you have made your decision to have the sleeve.  Often it's making the decision which causes the most stress!  I also feel it is the best option for me as it is long term and will teach me to learn about portion control.  I had an Orbera balloon in for 6 months a few years ago thinking all I need was a `kick start' but I was wrong.  Once the stomach is back to it's normal size it's very easy to creep back to larger portions again.....and hence weight gain!
From what I have learnt from others on this website, establishing a more healthy lifestyle both in diet and exercise will also be important going forward for succcessful weight loss.

Wishing you all the very best in your new venture and sharing the journey with me!
Back to top Go down
journey to sleeve

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-03-21

PostSubject: Journey to sleeve (and a new me)!   Tue 21 Mar 2017, 5:58 am

Hi everyone, I joined here a while ago but can't remember my account details so I started a new.

I'm almost to the point of picking PHI. I've been wanting to be sleeved for a number of years but due to my own daemons it has never eventuated. This time however is different!

I need this surgery to save my life. I'm currently sitting on 150kg and no matter what I try the numbers only seem to go up and not down.

I currently have a myriad of health issues related to my weight which will more than likely disappear once I'm at a healthy weight. 

Apart from the health issues I want to have another baby before it's too late. I'm 37 this year so I don't want my window to close for good before I can manage to have a baby without the added complication of my weight and all that comes along with it. 

I'm a mum to a 9 year old and a full time student. I have a partner who is very supportive of my decision and will be there for me all the way. 

Anyway that's enough about me for now, I'm off to check out the rest of the board and see what's happening :D
Back to top Go down

Journey to sleeve (and a new me)!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: