View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manyports

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-11-03

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Melbourne   Wed 28 Dec 2016, 6:39 am

Hi JD
I'll be seeing dr skidmore next month but from what I've read, as a failed band person, he would prefer to do a bypass.  I  really don't have a preference.  I'm interested in knowing how you found him. Is website indicates he's had a lot of experience.
Back to top Go down
Luni

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Melbourne   Tue 27 Dec 2016, 6:33 am

Welcome JD!

It certainly is very quiet in here lately - I think a lot of conversations have moved to private Facebook groups?

I hope your appointment with the surgeon went well. I was offered the choice of bypass or sleeve and ended up opting for the sleeve. I'm booked in for surgery on the 20th Feb at Box Hill (I'm from Melb also).

Good luck with whatever you end up choosing!
Back to top Go down
Dotty1972

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Melbourne   Wed 21 Dec 2016, 7:47 am

Yes it is quiet!  I've noticed that too.  I had my sleeve op on Friday 16 December.  When I first went for my initial consult with Dr Le Page in Sydney my mind was made up that I would be getting a lapband.  I left that appointment with my mind made up that I would be having a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and I do not regret my decision for one second.

Do your research, talk to your surgeon.  They will have an idea as to whats best for you and will be able to explain it.

Be prepared for major nausea immediately following your surgery, but it will pass.  It just takes a couple of days.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.  Only too happy to answer!21.12.2016
Back to top Go down
JD-Melb

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2016-12-13

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Melbourne   Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:05 pm

Quiet around here.

Back to top Go down
JD-Melb

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2016-12-13

PostSubject: New guy from Melbourne   Wed 14 Dec 2016, 2:34 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a few days out from my first consultation with Dr Adam Skidmore at VOSC in Heidelberg.

I'm not sure if I'll go with a sleeve or a bypass yet, lots of questions still that I hope the surgeon will answer for me at my appointment.

I'm keen to hear from anyone with experience at VOSC or with Dr Skidmore, please reply or send me a message.

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down

New guy from Melbourne
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: