Share | 

protein powders post surgery and a newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joma

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-12-03

PostSubject: Protein powders post surgery and a newbie   Sat 17 Dec 2016, 10:22 pm

Hi Beekyleevsg, best wishes for your surgery. I have just come home from hospital yesterday. Surgery on Wednesday, home Saturday. The post op days were not too bad apart from reflux and difficulty getting my meds down -  had to break them up into little pieces and it took an ages to get them down with the slow sips. My dietician recommended  Bodie'z Protein powders which comes in flavourless, berry and orange. The flavoured I am putting in 600 ml cold water and sipping throughout the day- gives you 30g protein. Flavour is quite ok- not too sweet. I got a sample pack of the 3 different sachets for $20 to try. Cheaper to buy in bigger containers.

A bit early for me to give tips re post surgery - still learning. Not doing too much so far but hope to improve over the next week or so. I have down loaded Sally Johnston's Your complete guide to Nutrition for weight loss surgery. It has great recipes for each stage of the recovery process. Around $20 from iTunes.

Good luck for tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Beckyleevsg

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-11-15

PostSubject: protein powders post surgery and a newbie   Thu 17 Nov 2016, 11:51 pm

Hello everyone i am new to this forum and the sleeve community really. I have a sleeve date of 19th december, so im starting my prep for post surgery.
so i have a few questions.
1. how do I post too normal pages on this site, such as introductions etc. (this is my first time on a forum)

2. what would you recommend for protein powders. Im looking for a flavorless i can put in water and a normal powder to add in shakes etc

3. And any tips for the first weeks post surgery.

thanks so much for your help and feedback, :)
Back to top Go down

protein powders post surgery and a newbie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: