tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new   Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:43 am

Hiya Mlleruby,

IT GETS BETTER !!!  I PROMISE.

I had 2 bands (evil bastard things) and I've had my sleeve for 3 or 4 years now.

I do remember that the first 3 months were pretty average. I could only get tiny portions down and stayed on mush for most that time.

At about week 3 or 4 I also remember saying to someone that it sorta still felt like I had the band .. like when I ate food felt like it was sitting in my "top" stomach (if that makes sense ?)

Anyway, the first three months weren't too hard they were just slow going, and after that I seemed to heal up fine and recover like a virgin sleever.

Annnnnnd it's kind of a bonus cos you'll get most of your weight off early !   Woo hoo.

Also, if you end up getting that gnawing, starving feeling even when you have eaten and know you are full - it's Reflux presenting in a different form and Nexium is your new best friend. It seems to work better on that feeling than any of the other PPI's.

And not to nag but a liquid vitimin like Berocca or whatever is better is probably a good idea about now as you may be starting to feel a bit tired and washed out especially when you have to go back to work.

Oh, and for the record, once you are all healed you'll love the sleeve. It is totally the opposite of the band. You can eat salads and meats and bread and well basically everything that the band had you hanging over a sink spewing out. It's sooooo great !!

Okay, that's my 2 cents worth.

Heal well hun.

Smiles,
Tara
Back to top Go down
AKB1974

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello I'm new   Sat 22 Oct 2016, 11:55 pm

Best of luck with it I am sure it will get better
Back to top Go down
Mlleruby

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-10-22

PostSubject: Hello I'm new   Sat 22 Oct 2016, 10:17 am

Hi,

I am 10 days post gastric sleeve. Overall I've lost 14.5 kgs since starting Optifast. Which is great but on the flip side I'm having great difficulty drinking and keeping down fluids. I had 3 previous gastric bands so my sleeve was a bit tricky and is very tight. At this stage my focus is water, not vitimins or protein yet. I would love to hear from anyone who was similar.. Or anyone!
Back to top Go down

Hello I'm new
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: