Nervous about being a candidate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beeby

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2015-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Nervous about being a candidate   Tue 25 Oct 2016, 4:23 pm

Hi , I was a lower BMI , I put on a few kilos before my appointment, which wasn't hard to do with polycystic ovarian syndrome !  I just stopped trying to lose weight! My BMI was 32.5 . I have lost a bit over 20 kg now and my periods are every 28 days which has never happened before in my life , so basically my PCOS symptoms have disappeared . I rarely got my periods before this and I needed fertility drugs to get pregnant (hence the twins in my second pregnancy!), apart from my fourth child when I worked super hard to lose weight and fell pregnant naturally !  
The first surgeon I went to only offered me the lap band , so I saw another surgeon and he was happy to go ahead with it .
I was very stressed that I wasn't going to be able to get the surgery too.
Back to top Go down
sufezza

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Nervous about being a candidate   Tue 25 Oct 2016, 3:25 am

Maybe ring around a few different surgeons and ask about whether PCOS can be considered a co-morbidity as when I was looking around, I saw that lower BMIs will be considered with a co-morbidity. I have pcos too but a higher bmi than you and pcos puts you at a much higher risk to get heart disease and all sort of things
Back to top Go down
OWMUM

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-10-22

PostSubject: Nervous about being a candidate   Sat 22 Oct 2016, 1:45 am

Hi, I'm new to this & probably didn't think this was something I'd be considering. I have been referred to Dr Wong by my dr but I'm nervous I may not be overweight enough. I have a bmi of 30 and have PCOS, depression and family history of diabetes. Has anyone had the sleeve with a lower bmi like this. I have struggled my whole life with my weight & im probably not bigger due to the struggle but feel I can't beat it & im continually getting bigger and have an unhealthy relationship with food! 

Any advice is appreciated!
Back to top Go down

Nervous about being a candidate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: