View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katiemay86

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm new    Thu 12 Jan 2017, 7:51 am

Hey Rob!
Just thought I would check in and see how it all went.
I had to fly to Queensland this past week, and for the first time, the seat was somewhat comfortable, I didn't feel like I was crammed in! And no seatbelt extender in site (and room to tighten as well). It's the little things! Haha.
Hope you are doing well after your operation,
Take care
Katie
Back to top Go down
RC1971

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm new    Tue 18 Oct 2016, 1:59 am

katiemay86 wrote:
Hi RC1971
I initially looked at Peter Nottle but changed to a different surgeon who I could meet with sooner - no other reason! 

I love your list of things to look forward to. Ironically "buying clothes from a regular store" is one of my goals. 

I was sleeved August 31, 2016 (so am 7 weeks post-op) and feel great! I am down 15kg since I started my pre-op diet. It is really showing in clothing and people are starting to notice, particularly in my face. I am finding I want to walk and move. We went on a holiday last week and I was all eager to walk into down repeatedly and do boardwalks and rainforest walks, whereas I used to try and come up with a reason not to. It's been life changing already, hopefully it continues in such a positive way! 

In regards to the protein after the surgery, I really struggled both with this and fluid intake. I ended up using the resource/fortisip/fortijuce drinks that the hospital gives you (that I didn't drink in the hospital because I found I just could not drink more than 400ml a day. Thank goodness for IV therapy!) or you can get these from a pharmacy. These were my main staples for the day and I had a bowl of soup in the evening. I was really surprised how difficult it was to have intake - I had zero interest in having anything, and was quite dehydrated. Definitely work on the "sip sip sip" concept and sip liquids all day. One of the night nurses gave me a lemonade icy pole one night to see if that helped. It took me well over an hour but I made it through about half (the rest was melted lol) but from there I found icy poles as one of my main go-to's (still do actually!). Good idea making your own though. 

You seem very prepared and excited, so I am sure you will do great! The pain afterwards was awful, and the nurses said to me people often underestimate how painful it is... not trying to scare you but thats one thing that stuck with me. Which hospital will you be in? I was in Epworth and cannot speak highly enough of everyone there. 

Good luck with it all!!! 
Katie.
Hi Katie

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

I am going in to The Avenue and it looks OK to me.

I have already started making Isopure Icy Poles and have a shelf of my own in the freezer :)

I have been reading more and more and it reaffirms that I am making the right decision and I am looking forward to it. With regards to the pain I am hoping that with every day it gets better and that they can reduce it as much as possible with the drugs.......

Well done on your loss so far, that's great news :)

Stay in touch as I would love to hear how you are getting along.

Kind regards

Rob
Back to top Go down
katiemay86

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm new    Tue 18 Oct 2016, 1:51 am

Hi RC1971
I initially looked at Peter Nottle but changed to a different surgeon who I could meet with sooner - no other reason! 

I love your list of things to look forward to. Ironically "buying clothes from a regular store" is one of my goals. 

I was sleeved August 31, 2016 (so am 7 weeks post-op) and feel great! I am down 15kg since I started my pre-op diet. It is really showing in clothing and people are starting to notice, particularly in my face. I am finding I want to walk and move. We went on a holiday last week and I was all eager to walk into down repeatedly and do boardwalks and rainforest walks, whereas I used to try and come up with a reason not to. It's been life changing already, hopefully it continues in such a positive way! 

In regards to the protein after the surgery, I really struggled both with this and fluid intake. I ended up using the resource/fortisip/fortijuce drinks that the hospital gives you (that I didn't drink in the hospital because I found I just could not drink more than 400ml a day. Thank goodness for IV therapy!) or you can get these from a pharmacy. These were my main staples for the day and I had a bowl of soup in the evening. I was really surprised how difficult it was to have intake - I had zero interest in having anything, and was quite dehydrated. Definitely work on the "sip sip sip" concept and sip liquids all day. One of the night nurses gave me a lemonade icy pole one night to see if that helped. It took me well over an hour but I made it through about half (the rest was melted lol) but from there I found icy poles as one of my main go-to's (still do actually!). Good idea making your own though. 

You seem very prepared and excited, so I am sure you will do great! The pain afterwards was awful, and the nurses said to me people often underestimate how painful it is... not trying to scare you but thats one thing that stuck with me. Which hospital will you be in? I was in Epworth and cannot speak highly enough of everyone there. 

Good luck with it all!!! 
Katie.
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: I'm new    Fri 14 Oct 2016, 7:34 am

Hi and Welcome!

Regarding your surgeon, scroll further down in Home page to "Surgeons", and there could be some posts about him.

Also, normally the Sleever's Monthly is a more happening place, but there is no December 2016 group yet. Perhaps you can start one, here is the link:

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/f29-the-sleever-s-monthly

On BP, there are many Aussies there, and it is a lot busier place.

Anyway, good luck with your surgery and journey!
Back to top Go down
RC1971

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: I'm new    Wed 12 Oct 2016, 12:11 am

Hi

Male 
178cm
45 Years
HW - 149KG
CW - 142 KG
Goal Weight - 85KG

I am in Melbourne and booked in to have a sleeve gastrectomy in December 2016 with Peter Nottle.

Would love to hear from anyone that has used Peter Nottle before and what to expect.......

I start my 3 week pre-op diet on in November and currently tipping the scales at 142KG's and height of 178cm.

A little scared if I'm honest, but I feel that this is the right thing to do for me, my kids and my wife.

I am looking forward to........

• Getting off HBP Meds
  • Having my picture taken 
  • Sleeping without a CPAP machine 
  • Going on theme park rides with my kids 
  • Buying clothes from a regular store 
  • Having Jeans that don't look like Justin Biebers......
  • Wanting to stairs instead of lifts 
  • Not being asked if I want a seat belt extender on flights 
  • Being able to fit in a booth at TGI's....
  • And soooooo much more.......

I have been on Bariatricpal and there are lots of great posts, but I was looking for more local feedback, so thanks in advance for any pointers.

Oh, I've started on Isopure drinks already and they are great....40g of Protein and No Carbs, so really looking forward to trying some new flavours and I have made icy poles for the first few days, so I am really getting ready........any tips on how to get the protein in would be awesome.

Have a great day.
Back to top Go down

I'm new
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: