View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Vitamins   Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:17 am

It seems like most dieticians recommend different things.  Mine recommended Elivit the pregnancy one, not the Elevit Multivitamins.  She said that that has the highest doses of vitamins that we tend to need. ie Iron B12 etc.  Unfortunately, they made me nauseous!  So I went off on a search for something else.  I had no problem swallowing tablets from the start personally.  But everyone's different, so you will have to wait and see how you go.
I now take BioCeuticals InNatal plus Iron.  It works well for me, I have stopped taking the B12, since the level in there are enough for my levels to stay up.  I will say my Iron levels were low before hand, and there lower now... but im still just above the line, so... so far so good!!
You can also get the B12 is drops in the BioCeuticals range too, one drop a day.
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Vitamins   Mon 08 Aug 2016, 2:18 am

Hi Jen,
just came back here and noticed your question.
I was advised to get BN Multi chewable multivitamin for post op bariatric surgery.
I also had to get B12 spray.

Early post op many things are tough to swallow and digest.

I am now 5 months post op, and can swallow larger tablets like Calcium, and went back to my regular multivitamin, but whole multivit tablet often makes me nauseous, so I have to cut it in half.

BN Multi was easy for me to take. My dietician suggested it. Great Ideas in Nutrition stock it.

Can your surgeon and dietician advise you what is best for you to take?

Best of luck for your upcoming op!
Hope all goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
JenMic

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-07-19

PostSubject: Vitamins   Sun 24 Jul 2016, 7:52 am

Hi all, new to this but excited by a new life coming. My op is booked for August 18th.

I was wondering about vitamins post op and further. Is there one that's better than others.

Thanks 😀
Back to top Go down

Vitamins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: