View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Thu 07 Jul 2016, 5:49 am

There are a few "low" bmi'ers on here....have a search, or wait, and I'm sure they'll turn up and be able to help :-)
Back to top Go down
Pkaula

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Wed 06 Jul 2016, 6:25 am

Ok so after more research without a bmi of over 35 it seems it will be difficult to get a doctor who will actually do a sleeve!
Back to top Go down
Pkaula

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-07-06

PostSubject: Hi everyone   Wed 06 Jul 2016, 3:44 am

Hi there, I'm a brand newbie, I've not had gastric sleeving but am considering it and hoping to get some insight here. I'm a 45 year old woman, I have just been through breast cancer and am really wanting to get my life on track. I am a sugar addict and no matter how hard I try I cannot get off the dieting roller coaster. So much so that I only have to look at food now and I gain weight. I actually lose weight with much effort and then regain at an alarming rate. My bmi is 32 and that may seem low to some, but I feel terrifiedly out of control and although I do hate my weight, since breast cancer I'm very scared of its return. I strongly think sugar is the root of all evil and my addiction is what has caused me to get sick. After having cancer I'm really scared of another traumatic time post op. But then again I am likely stronger than I know. I wondered if anyone may be able to describe their experience and the trauma of the surgery and recovery. I also worry I'll miss the enjoyment of food? Will this likely be the case? Also because my bmi is 32, will my private health fund cover it (Medibank). I know if I tell my family they will think it very extreme, but to me I think it will give me so much peace of mind as well as confidence and self esteem. If I chose to have the surgery, I wouldn't know where to research the best doctor to do it, I am in Brisbane, if anyone knows of a great doctor there I can make an appointment with for more information I would be super grateful. Thanks for taking the time 😊
Back to top Go down

Hi everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: