AuthorMessage
rowdy1

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-07-05

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Thu 07 Jul 2016, 8:07 am

MissTiger wrote:
rowdy1 wrote:

I am three days into optifast..only certain vegies and salad..I emailed my dietician and asked if I could have 100g steamed chicken..she said I could have an egg or 50g fish...I never eat veg or salad without meat..so I did chicken one night and had fish last night...mind it was 100g..afternoons seems to be the worst for me.  I was really surprised how good it tastes...have tried before but what I have learnt for me the colder the water the better it tastes.  Haven't tried the desserts or bars might do that next couple of days.
I to am fairly healthy but I can see where I am going and wanted to do something about it...yo yo dieter from way back!!
My op is 19th July at St John of God hospital Ballarat.
As I am not working at the moment don't have that problem..but have told friends and family..some think it is drastic but I am not ashamed and I am doing this for my health and myself..as for negative people don't really care what they say..walk a day in my shoes so to speak.. I am comfortable with my decision and so is my husband who has never has a weight problem..often joke he might divorce me for a bigger woman. ha ha
Lovely to have someone to chat to that is pretty close to where I am.

I agree about the cold water, it just makes it more "milkshakey".  I only like the vanilla shakes and the cappuchino bars. My daily menu is quite boring but it's working for me since I'm really not feeling hungry. It's coffee and a bar for breakfast, home cooked veggies and a shake for lunch then more homecooked veggies and the lemon dessert at dinner. I'm not looking at it as depriving myself, but of doing myself a great big favour!

And to distract myself when I'm not working I'm either culling the clothes in my wardrobe or cooking food for my family and soups for myself post op. My absolute favourite thing to do in the world is to cook and my family is quite nervous that I'll stop doing it post op LOL
Funny how we all have different tastes..I really don't like the vanilla but the rest are good for me.
Culling clothes that's a good idea..I love cooking too and expect I will afterwards as well because I cook for my husband and love doing it.
Back to top Go down
MissTiger

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Thu 07 Jul 2016, 6:22 am

rowdy1 wrote:

I am three days into optifast..only certain vegies and salad..I emailed my dietician and asked if I could have 100g steamed chicken..she said I could have an egg or 50g fish...I never eat veg or salad without meat..so I did chicken one night and had fish last night...mind it was 100g..afternoons seems to be the worst for me.  I was really surprised how good it tastes...have tried before but what I have learnt for me the colder the water the better it tastes.  Haven't tried the desserts or bars might do that next couple of days.
I to am fairly healthy but I can see where I am going and wanted to do something about it...yo yo dieter from way back!!
As I am not working at the moment don't have that problem..but have told friends and family..some think it is drastic but I am not ashamed and I am doing this for my health and myself..as for negative people don't really care what they say..walk a day in my shoes so to speak.. I am comfortable with my decision and so is my husband who has never has a weight problem..often joke he might divorce me for a bigger woman. ha ha

I agree about the cold water, it just makes it more "milkshakey".  I only like the vanilla shakes and the cappuchino bars. My daily menu is quite boring but it's working for me since I'm really not feeling hungry. It's coffee and a bar for breakfast, home cooked veggies and a shake for lunch then more homecooked veggies and the lemon dessert at dinner. I'm not looking at it as depriving myself, but of doing myself a great big favour!

And to distract myself when I'm not working I'm either culling the clothes in my wardrobe or cooking food for my family and soups for myself post op. My absolute favourite thing to do in the world is to cook and my family is quite nervous that I'll stop doing it post op LOL
Back to top Go down
rowdy1

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Thu 07 Jul 2016, 5:41 am

MissTiger wrote:
rowdy1 wrote:

Hi Miss Tiger
I am also excited..bit hungry...how are you going? are you on optifast? where are you having your op...look forward to catch ups

It's day 6 of Optifast and I'm doing ok (8 days to go!) . There's only been a couple of times I've had a sweet craving but I'm loving the lemon dessert and it does the trick. I think it really helps me mentally, when I remember it's only for 2 weeks and it's for a very good cause. Not having the op would have meant a sure road to diabetes and lots of associated health issues.  I am fairly lucky to be generally quite healthy, but really, it's only a matter of time once you're old and fat    
(I can't help myself, I usually call it like I see it)

I'm having the op at Campbelltown Private Hospital in NSW. Dr Zarrouk is the surgeon, such a lovely manner, I've only heard the very best things about him :)

I'm curious, are you telling anyone/everyone you know that you are having the op? I'm really not sure what to do, especially with people at work. I know the questions and comments will start in a few months and I haven't yet figured out what I'll be comfortable with. What's your take on it?
Back to top Go down
MissTiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Thu 07 Jul 2016, 5:14 am

rowdy1 wrote:

Hi Miss Tiger
I am also excited..bit hungry...how are you going? are you on optifast? where are you having your op...look forward to catch ups

It's day 6 of Optifast and I'm doing ok (8 days to go!) . There's only been a couple of times I've had a sweet craving but I'm loving the lemon dessert and it does the trick. I think it really helps me mentally, when I remember it's only for 2 weeks and it's for a very good cause. Not having the op would have meant a sure road to diabetes and lots of associated health issues.  I am fairly lucky to be generally quite healthy, but really, it's only a matter of time once you're old and fat    
(I can't help myself, I usually call it like I see it)

I'm having the op at Campbelltown Private Hospital in NSW. Dr Zarrouk is the surgeon, such a lovely manner, I've only heard the very best things about him :)

I'm curious, are you telling anyone/everyone you know that you are having the op? I'm really not sure what to do, especially with people at work. I know the questions and comments will start in a few months and I haven't yet figured out what I'll be comfortable with. What's your take on it?
Back to top Go down
rowdy1

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Thu 07 Jul 2016, 4:11 am

MissTiger wrote:
Hi, I'm new here also. 
Hello

My op date is Saturday the 16th. It's arriving very fast and I'm very excited. 

I'm looking forward to sharing our journeys together  :)
Hi Miss Tiger
Back to top Go down
MissTiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Thu 07 Jul 2016, 3:55 am

Hi, I'm new here also. 
Hello

My op date is Saturday the 16th. It's arriving very fast and I'm very excited. 

I'm looking forward to sharing our journeys together  :)
Back to top Go down
rowdy1

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

rowdy1 wrote:
Hi Kazzy looking forward to our chats
How is your optifast going? It was better than I thought but only day 1
Back to top Go down
rowdy1

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:25 pm

Hi Kazzy looking forward to our chats
Back to top Go down
Kazzy

Female
Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: New to forum   Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:21 pm

HI, I am new to the forum as well and am having my gastric sleeve the day before you. I agree that this site is great for support and I have also been reading lots of advice which is helping with my mental prep. I live in country NSW and have not told anyone of my surgery only that I am on a mission to get healthy. Happy to buddy with you on this site. Kazzy
Back to top Go down
rowdy1

Female

PostSubject: New to forum   Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:07 am

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum, I have been reading lots on this site before joining which I am very happy about.  I have my gastric sleeve on July 19th, have just started my opitfast diet.
I am not allowed chicken or fish..which I think I am going to struggle with, only allowed certain salad and veg no fruit.
I am thinking of contacting the dietician and asking if I can have 100g of steamed chicken.
Great site, looking forward to reading everyone's story.
I would like a buddy who is at a similar stage to me if that is possible just to support one another through the journey.
My husband works in Melbourne Mon - Thurs and we live in a small country town, I don't know many people and at times it can be quite lonely.
Cheers
Back to top Go down

New to forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: