View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ree84

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello...   Tue 28 Jun 2016, 5:33 am

Hi and welcome Brissytink :)

Gosh, I haven't been game enough to watch teh videos of the surgery yet - I'm afraid it will turn me off. You're braver than me!

Just a tip for applying for your super - try to get as much of the documentation together as you can before hand (ie GPs form, available from the Centrelink website). Also, call your super company and get them to send you out their application form, and ask what else they need. I have to send certified copies of ID and bank statements with mine and I have to wait an extra 10 days because I need a copy of my photo ID to be reissued after misplacing it. Just remember to check with them how old the certifications are allowed to be too if you need them. Getting all that organised might make the month before you meet with the surgeon a little easier.

Good luck 

Unicorn
Back to top Go down
Brissytink

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2016-06-27

PostSubject: Hello...   Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:30 am

Hello

I'm new to this forum, I've been looking in for a few weeks now while I wait to meet with the surgeon for my gastric sleeve. I'm on a no bread, rice and pasta ban (self imposed) and have hashimotos hypothyroidism (wish I could blame that but sadly it's just poor food choices) and weigh 140.2 as of this morning - down from 148.9 earlier this year - slow going...

I've done my research and even watched a few you tube videos on how they do it, all good till they pulled out the old tummy, not the best visual haha.  Dr Hopkins is supposed to be one of the best in brissy according to my GP so went with her recommendation. He sure is busy so taking that as a good sign.

Such a long road ahead as I still have a month before my appointment and then have to apply to access my super and all the rest of that fun stuff like dietitians and shakes - my Bmi is high enough but I still worry about him saying no.

So I'll keep lurking and once I have something to share will be back.

Last edited by Brissytink on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down

Hello...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: