View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xerxs

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Op booked for next week   Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:22 am

Hi Chookums
I believe your Dr operates from the same private hospital where i had mine, Greenslopes Private Hospital? Although i had a different Surgeon i can say that the staff and facilities at this hospital are amazing. I came to Brisbane for the surgery however I'm from warm Far Nth QLD. Spending some time in Brisbane now with friends until i recover.
It sounds like you have given this op alot of thought and being a nurse you would have a good idea about post operative procedures. Everyone responds differently and fortunately i responded well, just trying to consume the right amount of liquids has been challenging as my stomach is clearly not happy with me and making that point very clear.  Im hoping to find others who have had difficulties consuming fluids and how they manage it. I'm happy to answer any questions about my experience with the procedure should any one be interested.
Back to top Go down
Chookums

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-04-29

PostSubject: Nearly a newbie   Sun 03 Jul 2016, 3:31 am

I have been registered on this site for a few months now and just lately posted. I dont think I have introduced myself. I am 67yrs weigh 122kg  am 166cm tall and live on my own in Sunny Qld north of Brisbane. Dr Hatzifotis is doing my surgery on the 22nd of July if that is a Fridayl lol.  I have 5 grandchildren and 3 children. I lived most of my life in the bush and also worked as an aged care nurse. I had surgery on my lower back which is fused except L1 L2 which is bone on bone. I suffer osteo arthritis and am in constant pain and need to take targent to move around, do a bit of work and have a life. This is one of the reasons why I have opted to have the sleeve surgery.
Back to top Go down
Xerxs

Female

PostSubject: Day 3 post op   Sat 02 Jul 2016, 6:17 am

Out of hospital yesterday and doing things in my own.  Finding it extremely difficult to swallow any fluids. Has taken me all day to get through half a protein shake. Taking anti nausea tablets that help a bit. Anyone else have problems consuming fluids after surgery?
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Op booked for next week   Thu 23 Jun 2016, 9:48 pm

welcome!  Have a look for the June 2016 thread - lots of people having the same thing done this month.
Back to top Go down
Xerxs

Female

PostSubject: Op booked for next week   Thu 23 Jun 2016, 9:10 pm

Hi all
This is my first post regarding my sleeve operation. I'm booked in for next Weds 29th June in Brisbane so getting close. I'm having to fly down for the op so i have not had any consultation as yet however i found a great dietician who was very informative and helpful. The hospital called today to get intake information so it feels very real now. I've been on Optifast for the past 2 weeks which was surprising easy after about the third day. Anyway it's great that this forum exists and hoping to chat to any other newbies out there about to go through this.
Back to top Go down

Op booked for next week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: