krakow57
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy from me xD   Thu 09 Jun 2016, 12:28 am

Hi yuppers,

welcome!

BOJ gave some great tips and experiences.
Like BOJ, my food obsession and hunger has gone, plus the unhealthy cravings I had.

I too wanted to have a breast reduction, as my boobs grew huge with my weight gain.
No need for it now! 3 months post op, and my breasts are 1/2 size they were pre-op.

Good luck and best wishes to you!
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy from me xD   Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm

I think a lot of people have "food funerals".  I mean, most of us use food as an emotional crutch, so the thought of losing it is really hard.

One of the greatest things post sleeve I have realised - I'm no longer food obsessed.  It used to be that if the bread was running low (or ANY other food) - I would panic and HAVE to make a trip out to stock up.  My fridge and cupboard were always full of spares.   

Now - Partly because I don't get the crazy hunger thing any more, and partly because my head is less reliant on food - I just make do.  There is enough in the cupboard for everyone, but it's not jam packed, and the fridge...has space in it!
Back to top Go down
yuppers

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Cheers box of jewels   Wed 08 Jun 2016, 12:37 pm

Yer I was reeling I had put more into the reduction emotionally than I thought I did.

I'll start researching the bypass too ty.

Since I've started the shakes I've realised how much I eat, I'm obsessed with food I'm going to the cupboard to just look in it, I never even realised I did this. Let's hope the shrink is good cause he's gonna have his work cut out with me.

I've had about 3 farewell macas meals already, who does that ..... Lol.

I feel like I'm working on it now that I'm aware of it but can't believe I didn't know this about myself.
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy from me xD   Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:25 am

My advice is to not rush in, but take time to think about it.

You are awesome, I agree.   You are probably reeling, so just breathe. 

It's not a miracle cure, and it's possible a surgeon would recommend a gastric bypass over a sleeve for you - so, research both. 

And personally, I think booking in now to see a psychologist is wise.   Work through the reasons why you are at this point.  How you will cope if food is taken away from you.   I coped better with the optifast after getting my head sorted.  

Explore the option of getting or upgrading private health insurance, as you may have to wait 12 months for it to mature before you go ahead.
Back to top Go down
yuppers

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-06-07

PostSubject: Ahoy from me xD   Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:48 am

hi all,

very new to the forums but have been seeking somewhere to find advice/support.

Background: Recently went to a cosmetic surgeon for a breast reduction consult and to say farewell to the girls (K cup and just painful etc etc) and he advised me that due to my weight there was a very high chance I would either arrest on the table or have serious post op complications and has referred me to a surgeon in Newcastle, I felt like a total knob jockey when I rang him as I hadn't seen his name written down I'd only heard the other surgeon say it so i asked the receptionist for an appointment with a dr carryaloo, lesson learnt, made her day I think, after she stopped laughing I am now booked into see Dr Karihaloo in october as he is away for all of sept.

I know I'm fat but this really hit home for some reason. I'm 36, 165cms and 146kgs and my BMI is at 53.2 which is apparently a bad thing. The trouble is in my own head I think im awesome and didn't grasp how serious it all was.

I see a dietician at dr karihaloo's rooms on the 21st (I do hope she is nice and can handle my whacked sense of humour)

I've got a ton of things wrong with me medically and I'm now concerned that If i'm too fat for a breast reduction then I'll be too fat for this sleeve operation. I've got lupus, raynauds, sjogrens,fibromyalgia, pernicious anaemia,severe sleep apnoea and pre diabetes, hypertension.

Before I got diagnosed with lupus I was around 72kgs but years of steroid use has seen me become the size I am now. Mind you I am in remission and havn't taken steroids for 2 years but i can;t shfit this dam bulge.

I've read about the optislim and bought a box I honestly don't know how you guys do it, I'm making mine up with lite milk and then talk myself into drinking it.

I guess I'm looking for any advice for what I should be asking the dietician/ surgeon pretty much anything at all related I would be interested in hearing.

I've watched countless youtube videos and gotta say people look amazing post sleeve but some of the complications are terrifying.

Sorry for rambling

ty in advance xD
Back to top Go down

Ahoy from me xD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: