Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
A.D.

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Sat 22 Apr 2017, 8:10 am

Very overdue update, for anyone who is still around! My 12 months wait is almost up - I'm having my op next month. Lucky I waited and did my research - after lots of soul searching I've opted for the Omega Loop Bypass.

33 days to go!
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Mon 20 Jun 2016, 1:04 am

Welcome AD
It is a good idea to have health insurance for the op in case anything goes wrong and you require further treatment or a longer stay in hospital.

The 12 months waiting period is a good opportunity to prepare mentally for your new life.
All the best.
Jessied
Back to top Go down
A.D.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Fri 17 Jun 2016, 7:49 am

Thanks agus and Devy!

If only I'd kept that 45kg off! Haha. But yes, too much of the good stuff seems to harm us too, huh. So disappointing.

The good news is I have my first appointment next week - so very excited to get things underway. Bad news, my work is being a bit challenging about it. Oh well. It will all be OK. I don't really want to let them know what's going on, but it's a bit of a catch isn't it...

Now that I've made a decision, I have apparently given myself permission to eat like rubbish! Must fix that. Just got to get through the next couple of weeks!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Back to top Go down
agus

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Thu 26 May 2016, 11:47 am

Hi AD (and Devy) :)

wow, to loose 45kg on your own this is amazing!
This i roughly amount I am trying to loose after surgery forever!!!

I so need to break up with food too! 
Problem is: food is pleasure...
I got fat eating good yummy stuff, just too much
no junk or softdrinks....too much good stuff is as bad as junk the way it makes us fat :(

I booked my first dietitian phone apt in July, can't wait!

cheer
agus
Back to top Go down
Devy10

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Thu 26 May 2016, 2:59 am

I like that "break up with food" ha-ha i'm in the rebound stage I think :-)

That's a bugger you don't have enough in your super but like you said the 12 month wait will give you time to get yourself in a better position before the Op takes place.

Keep us posted :-)
Back to top Go down
A.D.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Thu 26 May 2016, 12:16 am

Hi Devy,

Thanks so much for your reply. Have you have your surgery yet?

Unfortunately, i don't have much in super. Haha. The joys of being young. I've decided to up my health insurance and wait the 12 months. Realistically, I've been at this weight for the last 3 years... It's likely to be the same next year too. And it gives me 12 months to get all the appointments sorted, sort out my head, break up with food and so on. I've heard great things about the surgeon that I've organised and it will mean I can be at home with my folks and they can look after me. I'll also get the chance to save up and be in a good financial position. All the things. 

That being said, I would so love to have it tomorrow. Absolutely if I could I would!
Back to top Go down
Devy10

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Tue 24 May 2016, 12:29 am

Hi A.D

Your situation sounds similar to my own, I have a bulging disc due to a fall I had while away in Thailand last year.
I'm a yo yo and have been since I was 18.
I've spent so much money on weight loss over the years i'm sure I could have paid for this op 3 times over :-)

Anyway I do not have full hospital cover as were a family of 5 and I couldn't justify the $650 a month so opted to go with gold extras instead which is great and covers all a family really needs.

I've decided to self fund my op, I've looked around and received many quotes all were 20k or above, however just by chance I found a fantastic surgeon and his total fees including hospital stay is $17,500.
If needed your surgeon will be able to help you access your super you need back up documents from both your surgeon and your GP simply send them through and I believe the process takes between 4 to 6 weeks for processing, not all are approved by 90% are.
if you don't have the funds to pay for the op this would be something id be looking into.
Have you also considered a medical loan?

I really hope you get the help, advice and assistance you seek.

Good luck keep us posted :-)

D
Back to top Go down
A.D.

Female

PostSubject: Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!   Sun 22 May 2016, 11:22 am

Hi everyone!

I'm a 25 y.o female from rural NSW - long time lurker, first time poster. Weight loss surgery has always been on my radar - I think I hit 100kg when I was 13 :( 5 years ago I managed to lose 45kg with Tony Ferguson... But now I've only kept 10-15kg off... I've been losing and gaining the same 10kg for the last 3 years. I'm OVER IT!

Anyway, I recently asked my doc for a referral to a surgeon and started to get the ball rolling and assumed my health insurance would be enough... But this isn't the case. Has anyone, ever, managed to fall into that 2 month waiting period category? I can't wait 12 months for this - I need it sooner rather than later... 

So I'm also looking at privately funding it or tapping into the small amount of super I have. I'm just not sure what to do, and definitely feeling very disheartened right now :(

I've also recently found out I'm at risk of ending up with a bulging disc - it's been the cause of constant pain for 18 months now. I need this surgery to help me shift the weight and strengthen my core.

Any advice would be appreciated! A xo
Back to top Go down

Hi Hi Hi! Newbie here!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: