Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Share | 

So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Devy10

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!   Wed 25 May 2016, 12:23 am

Quote :
How true is that quote :-)

YOU CAN NEVER EXERCISE YOUR WAY OUT OF A BAD DIET, this is so truth!

Back to top Go down
agus

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-03-28

PostSubject: Re: So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!   Tue 24 May 2016, 2:23 pm

Hi Luni!

yes, I am glad I went because last week I didn't go even once!

I just felt so full, fat , bloated and too small tshirt made things even worse, embarrassed and uncomfortable. But stuff that what others think, I am not looking for a date there ha ha

I will go again tomorrow, really want to strengthen my muscles before surgery and have better start to exercise after surgery.

I wished I didn't have to wait that long to get the sleeve...
agus
Back to top Go down
Luni

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!   Tue 24 May 2016, 1:57 pm

Welcome agus! :)

Sorry you haven't had much of a welcome. I can't speak for others but I try not to come on here too much just yet as it makes the wait for surgery so damn agonising! (Bit over 8 months to go.. *sigh*) I'm sure as the date gets closer I'll be in here a lot more.

Glad to hear your meeting with the surgeon went well! And I totally hear you on the fear of feeling deprived, for me it always kicks off a spate of terrible eating.

Well done on going to the gym - and regardless of what you ate today, the effort definitely wasn't 'wasted'! Exercise has so many benefits beyond calorie burning - think of what it's doing for your fitness, your flexibility, your strength, your mood :) 

(I only say that because I too often tell myself that "there's no point" in going to the gym on a day when I've eaten poorly and use it as an excuse not to go - such a bad habit of mine! So I always try to remind myself that no matter what I've eaten, I'm always going to be better off if I can fit in a bit of movement :)  )
Back to top Go down
agus

Female

PostSubject: Re: So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!   Tue 24 May 2016, 12:33 pm

Hi Devy! 
thank you for your kind words:)
I end up going to the gym and reading book about gastric sleeve while walking on the treadmill ha ha
I am happy I am able to read on the treadmill, otherwise I would die from boredom!
The worse is that  know I ate so many extra calories today that all the effort of going to the gym was wasted.

YOU CAN NEVER EXERCISE YOUR WAY OUT OF A BAD DIET, this is so truth!

Well, at least I went, have to restart somewhere...

I guess with people not replying we shouldn't worry, because I know that if any of us has a problem and needs advice everybody here is super helpful!!!

I learned so much here, I believe in doing research full on so that I don't have to panic later if things won't be perfect...

agus
Back to top Go down
Devy10

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!   Tue 24 May 2016, 9:56 am

Hi Agus

I'm glad you're happy with your surgeon and it sounds like you've set your plan in motion.
2 pieces of cake - that sounds like me I had pizza for dinner all I thought was its ok I won't be able to do this soon.. (I know that's totally the wrong way to think but I know I've got a lot of changes to make)

I've noticed a few new members have added post but no one seems to welcome or reply with the exception of one or two, I have to say I was expecting to see more support and activity from the forum. Oh well..

Good luck keep us posted (I'll reply). -:)
Back to top Go down
agus

Female

PostSubject: Re: So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!   Tue 24 May 2016, 8:12 am

Nobody said HELLO to me..:( kiss :(

Hello lovely people!

I met Dr MH and I am very happy with him and full of hope.
In the meantime I am waiting, planing, reading, eating...

I am worried that I will react to my operation plan like I reacted to every thought of going on diet on Monday - eat more in a fear of feeling deprived on diet...
It is happening already, had 2 pieces of cake today so I better get my fat ass and go to the gym now!  

At least it is a good first step that I rejoined the gym!

agus
Back to top Go down
agus

Female

PostSubject: So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!   Fri 13 May 2016, 1:35 pm

Hi all,

I am new here, from CQ, reading and reading and reading, making lists of questions for the surgeon, list what to take to the hospital etc etc...

I will fly to Brisbane to see DrHatzifotis on Monday!

The most frustrating is that I have to wait with op date few more months until my partner has his leg operation and recovery...
I am looking at becoming a September sleever...I hope!
I wished I could do it next month!

cheers
agus
Back to top Go down

So excited! Finally will meet my surgeon on Monday!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: