View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fat-to-Fit
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie awaiting surgery    Sat 14 May 2016, 1:13 am

I think the short answer is No. Every health fund requires 12 mths of highest hospital cover for any bariatric surgery. I've been with the same fund for years, previously had top hospital, but dropped it back to basic, so when I wanted to have the sleeve surgery, I had to increase our cover again and wait the 12 months. I know it seems like forever, but it will come around quickly and be here before you know it ! I was sleeved last November and it's flown by !
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie awaiting surgery    Fri 13 May 2016, 7:27 am

Hi Chloebags,

Welcome   :)

Good luck with your PHI.

Can't help you with your question. Been with the same provider (MBF/BUPA) for many years.

Best Wishes,

Margo
Back to top Go down
Chloebags

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-04-20

PostSubject: Newbie awaiting surgery    Wed 11 May 2016, 6:36 am

Hi and how goes it?
I am a newbie to sleeve and am waiting for my private health fund to mature for full hospital cover.  So in November 26 of this year I will be booking in for Gastric sleeve.  I have been for first visit with sleeve doctor and now will book another appointment in November 26th.  I have estimate price of around 8 K for procedure with a couple of days in hospital.  I rang my private health provider to double check if covered.

At 51 I wish i could get cover sooner. Does any one know a provider who would cover me for sleeve sooner? Let me know much appreciated 

bags.
Back to top Go down

Newbie awaiting surgery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: