View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nikkih79

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie From Geelong   Tue 24 May 2016, 2:25 am

Hi :-)

I'm also in Geelong and am going to Ballarat seeing Stuart Eaton who a few friends have been done by successfully. He works at St John of God there. I had my first appointment yesterday with him and he is super friendly and informative. I had seen someone in Qld before moving back to Geelong and so glad I did as comparing the two, Stuart is amazing and with the added comfort of knowing friends who have used him for their sleeves. 
PM if you'd like any extra details on him and my friends experiences.
Back to top Go down
memphis_pearl

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-05-03

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie From Geelong   Tue 03 May 2016, 6:07 am

Thank you Lisa :)
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie From Geelong   Tue 03 May 2016, 5:59 am

Welcome!

First of all it is a normal waiting time for Darrin unfortunately, but the good news in once you've seen him he will usually book you in right away. I had my first consult at the end on November and was sleeved on Feb 16. Would have been sooner but Christmas got in the way! The other Geelong surgeon is Matthew Leong. I rang his rooms on the same day I rang Darrin's and I could only get in a week earlier there so I decided to stay with Darrin as I'd heard so many fabulous things about him. There's also Peter Nottle, who operates out of the Epworth in Melb, I think. He has consulting rooms in Werribee. People do seem to get into him more quickly, but honestly, Darrin is worth the wait! :)
Back to top Go down
memphis_pearl

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-05-03

PostSubject: A Newbie From Geelong   Tue 03 May 2016, 5:37 am

Hello! Where do i begin?? Have had a life long struggle with my weight. Just recently had my 46th birthday and this has prompted me to do some serious research into VSG. Back in 2007 i had a date booked for banding surgery but chickened out. Last few months I've been reading up about the latest bariatric surgeries available and the sleeve seems to be the most popular and quite successful.
I need to take the plunge as my body is in so much pain from the excess weight i carry and quite frankly i don't want to die young. I realise the surgery won't be a magic wand and that I'll have to watch my intake and excercise for the rest of my life; it's all a part of my journey and I'm excited about this new path.
I've just called Dr Goodall-Wilson's rooms for a consult appointment and can't get in until November 16th..yikes!!! Is this the normal wait for first consult? Can anyone recommend a surgeon closer to Geelong or anyone else in Geelong?
It's so good to be amongst others who understand what it's like being overweight
p.s-re username, I'm a huge Elvis fan! :)
Back to top Go down

A Newbie From Geelong
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: