AuthorMessage
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Hurstville (Sydney)   Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:12 am

Good luck!

Plenty of info on the site.  Jump right in!
Back to top Go down
wabster

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2016-04-17

PostSubject: Newbie Hurstville (Sydney)   Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:00 am

Hi everyone,

I'm an older guy getting a self funded gastric sleeve on May 3rd. I've struggled with my weight for 20+ years, going through the diet/gain weight merry go round for most of that time. I'm 175cm and maxxed out at 147kg but started losing a little bit as a I researched getting the sleeve.

I was going to pay a year of high level medical insurance before prices went up on April 1st. I ended up thinking I can't wait another year, I have diabetes, sleep apnea and long term fatty liver (precursor to cirrhosis and/or cancer), and decided I wanted to see my grandkids (3 under 10) grow up. Also the out of pocket costs seem to be between $5-10K for the fully insured, and the insurance is well over $3k for the year I couldn't use it. So it was still going to cost $8k plus out of pocket.

I'm perhaps fortunate as I have access to retirement funds to cover the costs quoted as around $15k to me by my chosen doctor. Some of this will be recoverable from Medicare, but not a lot.

Currently I'm doing the Optifast 2 weeks prior to the operation, and doing OK. I'm scheduled to be operated on my Dr Tsang at Hurstville on May 3rd.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and getting help from other sharing their experiences over time,

Cheerz Wabster.
Back to top Go down

Newbie Hurstville (Sydney)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: