AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: T-37 days..   Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:41 pm

Welcome! Great to have you here!

If you haven't already, you might like to pop into the March Group (in the Sleevers Monthly section) and say hi. Everyone there is being sleeved in March too.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

L x
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: T-37 days..   Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:10 pm

Your story will resonate with many.  Best of luck on your journey.
Back to top Go down
Jesstv23

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: T-37 days..   Sat 13 Feb 2016, 2:54 pm

Hello Everyone,

First of all let me say thank you to all of you as for the past couple of months I have read through many of your journeys and that is one of the reason I have decided to do this. I have been overweight since I was 5 so this me is all I've known. I have done so many diets, workout programs and even diet pills. However, the weight has never dropped more than 30 pounds and the worst thing is that after the "successful" diet my weight would always go back up. I didn't give surgery a though because I thought that the people I care about would judge me for taking the easy route (I know now this is not an easy route). The past couple years were rough for me. For as long as I can remember I have been depressed and between depression and my anxiety disorder I was dying from the inside, I honestly hated myself. I started therapy and at first was taking meds to help me. It got to a point were I was able to manage without the medication and that made me happy. Now that I had my mental health under control I knew it was time to tackle my Obesity because what I realized during therapy was that I wanted to truly live. I don't just want to sit and watch my life go by. I want to be able to to run a 5k, to teach my niece to skate, to be able to complete a hike up a mountain, to take my dog for a run, to feel comfortable enough to go to the lake and swim. There is just so much I want to do. I still didn't see surgery as an option but then I had a conversation with my aunt whom is more like a sister to me. She asked me whether I've ever considered surgery to help me with fighting the obesity. That was the push I needed.   

I went to a seminar and after that I made my first appointment. That was at the beginning of January. I gone through appointments with surgeon and behaviorist and gotten my lab work done, so it was now a matter of waiting for my insurance. I was thinking my surgery would be in a couple of months since that was the estimate given, but to my surprise I received a message yesterday that they have an opening for March 21st and being such a big believer in fate I am going for it. Seems like it was just yesterday I decided to do it and now I'm 37 days away. It's crazy! I am excited, anxious, curious, and a bit overwhelmed. While I am mentally prepared I feel that I won't have the time needed to get everything else ready. Still not sure 100% what everything else even is. well that is my intro. I am happy to have found this place to be able to talk to people that have gone through this and are going through it.
Back to top Go down

T-37 days..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: