View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks from a newbie!   Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:36 pm

Welcome Jazz, and congratulations on making the decision to seek help to improve your health. 

I'm so impressed with your diet and fitness changes. I wish I was starting from the same point as you! If you do decide to take the surgical option I think you find you'll be starting from a really good place. All that pre-sleeve work you've been doing will have set you up for success.

Don't be shy! Jump in on any thread and have your say!

L x
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks from a newbie!   Sat 13 Feb 2016, 1:49 pm

Welcome jazz4cats,

What a great introduction!

I too spent a long time thinking and not thinking about surgery. I looked into a band maybe 7 years ago..... But didn't like the idea.

I've spent two years looking into a sleeve and finally did it in January.

I learnt so much on this forum, that I asked my dr questions...... But knew a lot already from here.

Good luck with your research and dr appointment.

Ginger x
Back to top Go down
jazz4cats

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Thanks from a newbie!   Sat 13 Feb 2016, 12:42 pm

Hello

So here I am, in cyberspace quietly reading and viewing all the wonderful shares here.  It has been a couple of weeks of lurking in the background and now I have decided it is time to own my journey.... 

My reasons for seeking out information about sleeving are to improve health;

• Sleep apnoea
  • Type II Diabetes
  • Hypertension
  • Severe Generalised Anxiety
  • Morbidly Obese

Yep, a few things to tackle, but I have been trying for so long like all of you...... Being who I am, I have tried to avoid the 'surgical' option for so long, being stupidly stubborn about it really.  Being uninformed I thought it was an easy fix for lazy people - how wrong I am!  So given that my latest attempt to get myself slim and healthy has been ongoing for 2 years now with no a whole lot to show for it I started to become 'informed' about surgery.  It is now obvious to me that surgery is the missing piece of the puzzle as I have totally changed my diet (excluding sugar and most gluten), eating whole foods that are nutritionally rich and been attending the gym 2 -4 times a week (including 2 sessions per week with a personal trainer).  While my fitness and strength is a whole lot better I am only 2 sizes smaller, and 2 kilos lighter?  There is no doubt in my mind that I am prone to binge eating, stress eating and struggle immensely to control cravings.....

My first appointment with a surgeon is April 7 and I have no idea what will happen after that or how long it will take but I am committed to this!

So anyway, thanks to all of you who bare all to help others navigate their way through the journey and I look forward to hanging around here, being inspired, supporting and growing in my own confidence. 

Back to top Go down

Thanks from a newbie!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: