View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Old sleever back for advice   Sun 07 Feb 2016, 10:00 am

Tara!!! Omg! How's it going? Got any pics of the new you? Hope everything has been going well!
Debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Old sleever back for advice   Sun 07 Feb 2016, 7:26 am

DEBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely to see you around again.

Dunno about health insurance. What about calling iSelect or Compare the Market ?

Anyway lovely to see you.

Tara
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Old sleever back for advice   Sun 07 Feb 2016, 7:07 am

Thanks everyone. Will probably have to just ring around, there's such a difference in coverage. It doesn't seem fair that the fees are so high then you're slugged thousands on top of that. No wonder people are dropping out in droves hey. Thannks Again.
Back to top Go down
chellg

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Old sleever back for advice   Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm

Hi Deb,

I'm with NIB and was sleeved only 11 days ago. I pay $164 a fortnight for top hospital cover (needed to cover sleeve) for me and 3 kids. I also had to pay $250 excess to hospital. Surgeons fee was $5000 and anaesthasist was $1600 - will probably get back about $1000 in total when I claim (Medicare and health fund combined).

Hope this helps!

Chell x
Back to top Go down
Lizzbeth

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Old sleever back for advice   Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:19 am

Hi Deb

Welcome back ... I'm new too, get sleeved 29th!

I am with Medibank advantage plus, been with them for 12 years. They are super expensive $429 per month for hubby, kid and I.  My gap is going to be around $6,500.

Hope the above is of a little help but agree best to a use a compare cover tool.

Good luck!

Lizz 😊
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wb0B
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Old sleever back for advice   Sat 06 Feb 2016, 7:06 am

Thanks. Yes I'll probably have to do a comparison...just thought i might get some Info. Hope your sleeve is working out for you also. Yep I had a rough start but no regrets. Thanks again for replying.
Deb
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Old sleever back for advice   Sat 06 Feb 2016, 5:10 am

Hi dooben,

Just thought I'd say welcome back! I'm a newbie (sort of - been here since August 2015) so we haven't met before, but nice to have you back! Congrats o your sleeve success!! but how awful you had such a bumpy start. Four months in hospital must have been a nightmare.

I really have no idea about Health funds - I'm with Defence Health, which is fantastic, but is only open to service personnel and their families. Luckily for us my husband worked as a contractor for the navy a few years back so we were able to join then.

If no one else answers could you do one of those comparison things through iSelect or something?

Sorry I can't be more help.
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Old sleever back for advice   Thu 04 Feb 2016, 7:59 am

Hi guys, wow so many new peeps on the boards...I haven't been here in years so hello to all the newbies, and the oldies if you remember me!

I'm actually back for some up to date info. I had the sleeve done about four or five years ago and after a verrrrry bumpy start I'm happy to report I love my sleeve. The reason I'm here is for my dad. He wants to get the sleeve done now. So I was hoping for some info.

When I had mine done I went through HCF and they were great (I nearly died but they kept covering me for almost 4 months in hospital so no complaints from me about them. Now though health insurance has risen so high I don't know if dad can afford it.

My questions...are any doctors doing it on the public system yet? And who are the best insurers for the procedure now days. Throw your info at me!

Thanks everyone,
debs
ps Dad is thinking he wants it done in Newcastle NSW. Any doc recommendations?
Back to top Go down

Old sleever back for advice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: