NEWBIE from Brissy!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vmc513

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Mon 28 Mar 2016, 2:45 am

Hi myVSGjourney, I just found your into here on GSS forum, how did your surgery go. Do you plan to keep a diary. I live on the Gold Coast, and I am looking at having WLS at some point. Hope all went well.
Back to top Go down
myVSGjourney

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-01-25

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:10 pm

Carissa5984

I have a whole lot of emotions going on at the moment - excited, nervous, anxious, but trying to focus on the positive so back to excited I go lol...
Back to top Go down
Carissa5984

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-10-31

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:46 am

Good luck for tomorrow myVSGjourney!!!!!
Back to top Go down
myVSGjourney

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:17 am

THANK YOU McHoots. Always great to hear from fellow Brisbane people! How is your post op journey going so far?

Hey KateyOverWeighty. Thank you! I am getting a little more nervous than excited now as the surgery time gets closer to becoming a reality but am also glad to finally get this pre-op diet over and done with loll 

Yes that will be great to follow each others journeys. I am going to try to start up a Journal/Diary over the next few days just to post my personal experiences and hoping it may help others to know what they maybe able to expect. Obviously (like childbirth lol) not every journey will be the same but there maybe questions I can help to answer. I am a shorty at 165cms hehe…

Good luck for April and keep in touch :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:28 am

Welcome welcome, always good to have Brisbane people around!  

I am 2 days post surgery and was done by Dr Shaw at the Holy Spirit Chermside.  Am only very new to this forum also.  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Wed 27 Jan 2016, 3:36 am

Hi My :)

Looks like we are around the same weight.. I'm not being done until April but will be good to see how it goes for someone around my weight. How tall are you if you don't mind my asking?

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow! We'll be rooting for ya!
Back to top Go down
myVSGjourney

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Tue 26 Jan 2016, 2:13 pm

Hi Carissa5984,

Thank you. Yes surgery day is Thursday with Dr Adib. It's beginning to seem more "real" as the days pass by. That's great to hear you are booked in 2wks after me. I will try to post my experiences good & bad over the next few days and hopefully we can follow each others journeys. Looks like you are doing really well already keep up the great work :)
Back to top Go down
Carissa5984

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-10-31

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Tue 26 Jan 2016, 10:38 am

Hi myVSGjourney and welcome!!

I believe I read in another topic that you are getting sleeved by Dr Adib at the Wesley this Thursday? I'm getting sleeved with Dr Adib at the Wesley exactly two weeks after you on the 11th Feb - so will be following your journey to have a little insight as to what I may expect!

Hope all goes well for you on Thursday, and again, welcome!!

Carissa
Back to top Go down
myVSGjourney

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Tue 26 Jan 2016, 6:07 am

Thanks Lisa66

Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Mon 25 Jan 2016, 11:13 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
myVSGjourney

Female

PostSubject: NEWBIE from Brissy!!!   Mon 25 Jan 2016, 11:05 am

Hi everyone :-) 

I am only new to this page but LOVING the support and topics that are on here! I am so glad to have stumbled across this site and look forward to getting to know you all and learning more about this journey that we are all on.

I am scheduled to have my surgery this Thursday at 10am so am a little nervous but also excited at the same time. Anxious about the unknown but stoked that the date is nearing.

I have decided to be a "secret sleever" and have only told my husband and eldest son (at the moment) mainly as I don't want anyone to ruin this journey for me with their judgmental opinions. This wasn't an easy decision and we weighed up many of the pros and cons before jumping into it and I am just so ready to do this now for me and for my family! I really want to be here to celebrate many more years with them and I know this tool is going to help me do that. 

If you have any tips at all for surgery day and what to expect afterwards PLEASE share away! I am open to any help/support that is out there. 

SW: 142kg
CW: 135kg
GW: 75kg
Have a great night fellow sleevers & sleevers-to-be 
Back to top Go down

NEWBIE from Brissy!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: