View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
For my life

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: hi!   Tue 12 Jan 2016, 10:22 am

Welcome to you! 
I am new too, and I totally agree, so much inspiration and support here! I hope yo band mid Sept, seeing surgeon 01 Aug. 

We can do this!

All the best xxx:43227:
Back to top Go down
Peapodprincess98

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2015-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting started here in the rainy northwestern US   Mon 11 Jan 2016, 11:22 am

Welcome anniebanana! It is a great site and everyone is really friendly and helpful :-)
Back to top Go down
anniebanana

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-01-10

PostSubject: Getting started here in the rainy northwestern US   Sun 10 Jan 2016, 4:09 pm

Hello everyone!  Just been creeping around this site, trying to figure it all out and reading what I can.  I am hopefully just a few months out from sleeve surgery.  My insurance company requires a 6 months waiting period, and I am about halfway through that.  I've met with the surgeon twice, met with the nutritionist twice, met with the psychiatrist, and am trying to keep my weight steady until I get final approval...a tough task with all the aches and pains I am feeling on this 260 lb body.  I was so inspired by reading the Less Dangerous Curves blog and found this support group as a result of thoroughly reading her page.  I was actually approved for surgery back in 2010, but chickened out at the last minute and decided to do it without surgery.  I got a trainer and went on to lose about 75 pounds, but could not get my weight below 198 despite a weekly regimen of 7 days of cardio, 3 days of strength training, and a strict diet.  My weight held steady for about a year, but then I broke a toe and my cardio came to an abrupt halt.  My weight skyrocketed and I have not been able to make any progress on it since.  So many comments here hit so close to home.  I am fearful and excited about the path ahead, and I hope I can learn a lot from all of you who have already gone through this!
kiss
Back to top Go down

Getting started here in the rainy northwestern US
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: