Exited and determined!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sha91

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Exited and determined!   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 2:04 pm

I have just been reading some of the comments on here and some of the other girls have said the first 3 days are the hardest.
So stick with it, you are just about past the hardest part.

I've been reading the December 2015 thread, you should check it out. It has just made me decide to start the Optifast tomorrow. I will also do the same as you, 2 a day plus a healthy meal.

Any weight loss before surgery is going to help us and I suppose help the surgeon help us. We can do this!
Back to top Go down
Travelling_bombshell

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Exited and determined!   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:08 pm

Hi Sha,

I'm on day 3 and my doctor has suggested I start now even though my surgery isn't until March. He said I could let go a bit over Christmas but then it's straight back on opti.

I must admit at the moment I'm only having two opti meals a day. I'm having salad and chicken for lunch or dinner. 

It is hard and tonight I'm probably at my hungriest but I really need to lose 10-15kg if not more...

Tara

Last edited by Travelling_bombshell on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Exited and determined!   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:58 am

Hi Tara

Any weight you lose before the surgery is a bonus and of course means you don't have to lose it latter.
If you read the diary of Box of Jewels you will see how much she lost before her surgery, so it can be done. I think the difference is knowing that you are going to have the op makes you realise it is not forever so helps you do it longer.

Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Sha91

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Exited and determined!   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:53 am

Hi Tara,

Congratulations on deciding to go for surgery! When did you start the optifast shakes?

I'm 24 and 111kgs. I have also just booked for surgery on the 19th of January. My surgeon advised me to start the shakes just 2 weeks before my surgery. Optifast is actually the one diet I have never tried. How are you finding them?

Sha
Back to top Go down
Travelling_bombshell

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-12-04

PostSubject: Exited and determined!   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:59 am

Hi everyone,

I am 31 years old and have been overweight pretty much from childhood. My starting weight is 154kg and this is my heaviest. 
My BMI is 54 and I am totally committed to changing my life. I've started the optifast shakes (2 a day for now) still including one meal (Salad with chicken). I have been told I need to lose between 10-15kg but anything more is great. 

My surgery date is March 9th and I just can't wait! I went along this track 6 years ago when I was 136kg and I should have done it then but I wasn't in the right frame of mind. 2016 is my year!

Thank you for listening.

Tara
Back to top Go down

Exited and determined!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: