Hello - so many questions but happy to be here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello - so many questions but happy to be here   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 2:22 am

Welcome Rae-Anne!

If you haven't already, pop in and introduce yourself to the January 2016 group. You find lots of people at the same stage as you.
Back to top Go down
Rae-Anne

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-12-04

PostSubject: Hello - so many questions but happy to be here   Fri 04 Dec 2015, 11:00 pm

Hi Everybody, I have just a few weeks ago decided to undergo gastric sleeve surgery, which is booked for next month.
I turn 50 at the end of this month, am 165cm and weigh 92kg. I have been higher and lower. My BMI is borderline at 35 but I have a fatty pancreas and liver, previous gall bladder removal and family history of heart disease and diabetes.
I am still really confused about doing this, but after 35 years of starting and failing everything I am tired of constantly thinking about and obsessing over food. I finally admitted I am a food addict about a year ago. 
I have concerns, mainly about the psychological process as obviously being a food addict I have used it for comfort. I also have concerns about loose skin, though I have had a tummy tuck so that won't be a problem, it's mainly arms and legs.
The 2 week pre op diet terrifies me as I am a carb junkie.
Anyway I am so happy to be here and look forward to sharing and learning from you all, and one day hopefully supporting others as you all do so wonderfully here.
Rae-Anne :)
Back to top Go down
http://raeannedotcom.me

Hello - so many questions but happy to be here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: