View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maree0902

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-11-01

PostSubject: Re: 9 days post op   Mon 02 Nov 2015, 9:58 am

Hi Joy

Thank you for your welcome no I hadn't gone over thank you I will join the October group Mx
Back to top Go down
Joybells
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 9 days post op   Mon 02 Nov 2015, 5:07 am

Hi and welcome maree,
Have you been into the monthly forum pages and made yourself known to the sleevers in the October pages. To chat to sleevers of the same stage as yourself is the best way to get support and make new sleeve friends. iTs from these monthly pages that most groups set up a secret Facebook support page. So go over and make yourself known in oct 2015 if you haven't already.
Cheers joybells
Back to top Go down
maree0902

Female

PostSubject: Re: 9 days post op   Mon 02 Nov 2015, 1:43 am

Hi Katey

Thank you for you welcome and support,  yes I know what you mean about it all being online now.  I was part of the Body Trim forum for quite some time and met so many wonderful people online and later in person.  Many of these people are my FB friends now.  Many had success on BT but the majority are still struggling to shed the kilos.

I started to create my diary this morning but felt I wanted to give it the time I needed and I don't have a great deal of that today as I am finalising my tax return so I will be getting onto it tomorrow. Having said that I have kept notes so I can be sure to add this to my diary. Its important to have it all from the beginning.  Especially for people who have yet to go through it.

Again Thankyou Katey I am looking forward to being a part of the group. Mxx
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

PostSubject: Re: 9 days post op   Mon 02 Nov 2015, 1:25 am

Hi Maree,

It's funny... all the sites related to this surgery talk about Support Groups, so I always pictured myself sitting in a circle with a whole load of obesies, talking about my feelings (lol) but it seems it's all online now. Not that we can't organise to meet up, but the technological age has made Fatties Anonymous even more anoymous... lol

We welcome you with open arms.. I have months to go until my op but I am here stalking other people's journeys all the same. If you havent already you should start a diary so you can do regular entries to look back on or help the others :)

xx
Back to top Go down
maree0902

Female

PostSubject: 9 days post op   Sun 01 Nov 2015, 1:06 am

Hi Everyone

I sure wish I knew about this site weeks ago.  I am day nine post surgery and finally starting to feel human again.  I don't know what is a typical experience as all the  research I found was do and don'ts by medical and surgery sites as well as speaking with people I knew who had the surgery. 

I think my journey may have been easier had I found you guys first.  Thank you for adding me in to the group and I look forward to some interaction with people experiencing the same thing perhaps some great advice most of all not feeling alone.

Cheers Maree
Back to top Go down

9 days post op
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: