I'm kind of neevous

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newme2016

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm kind of neevous   Tue 20 Oct 2015, 2:44 pm

Hi Rayne, only one person at my work knows about this surgery and she is very supportive. When I approached my male NUM all I had to do was say the words "I need time off for surgery" and I think he automatically thought i was having a girly procedure because he said ok that's all I need to know. So phew I didn't have to tell him! Not sure when I will tell anyone else yet. There is always someone that has to make you feel you are doing the wrong thing isn't there :(
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-10-09

PostSubject: Re: I'm kind of neevous   Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:14 pm

@newme2016 did you have the oh so "helpful" coworkers decide to rubbish you for this surgeyr? Am wishing I never told one
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm kind of neevous   Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:08 am

Hey Rayne,

Freaking put is perfectly normal in this situation, I spent the time before, a bit of time after...and the occasional hour or so now doing the same thing!

I can tell you now that I've had the surgery I can't believe how different it is. I had a lot of sucess losing weight previously but it was always a struggle, I could do the right thing but I always felt deprived. I was always relying on will power. Willpower works for a while but not forever. Now that's not the case, I eat, I feel satisfied and I stop, it's a world of difference.

I suddenly understand why people are so awful about weightloss and say "why can't you just stop eating" because all of a sudden I can decide I don't really need that last spoonful or to finish that entire plate because I actually don't want it whereas before it was I shouldn't have it. It has changed my whole relationship with food. I now feel like I've leveled out the playing field and I've given myself the best chance to suceed.

Don't get me wrong I still do a bit of emotional eating and you can make the wrong choices but I feel like it's just not on the same scale

Good luck with it all and try not to give yourself to hard a time😊
Back to top Go down
Newme2016

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm kind of neevous   Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:06 am

Hi Rayne, I'm new on here and am also an RN getting a sleeve done in December. I'm terribly nervous about getting surgery and feel being a nurse my mind is running with possible complications which is making me worse! I have struggled with excess weight most of my adult life and have lost weight many times however it always finds me again 😭 . I feel like being a nurse I should know better and live the life I educate my patients about everyday! Feel very hypocritical. Anyway I'm booked in and am doing this for myself and putting myself first for the next few months. Hoping and praying for a speedy complication free surgery!
Back to top Go down
snowlilli

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm kind of neevous   Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:53 am

Hi Rayne,

Welcome to the forum! I am also new here and have only been recently sleeved.

I understand what you mean...you feel like you should of been able to do it without the operation. I initially thought that as well but now I am on the other side of things I realize this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

November is not far away! Goodluck for your opti stage
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm kind of neevous   Fri 09 Oct 2015, 2:33 pm

And just spotted my typo *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Female

PostSubject: I'm kind of neevous   Fri 09 Oct 2015, 2:31 pm

Hi all. Am an RN who has battled weight issues for the last 5 years with rigorous weights and cardio and diet. BMI is 32-33 but health risks as an insulin resistant from a family of diabetics and other comorbidities have necessitated this. Surgery is booked for early November and I am both excited and freaking out! Not sure what to expect. Can't help but feel like I "failed" at doing it naturally.
Back to top Go down

I'm kind of neevous
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: