View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
icanucan2

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2014-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Tue 15 Sep 2015, 6:10 am

Welcome Kezzita. 

I can understand your fears due to the story of your brother's horrible experience.  I did lots of reading and research before I had my surgery.  There's lots of info on here plus ask if you want to know anything and there is always some one to help.  As with any surgery it does have it's risks....but so does being over-weight!  I am 10 months post-op and back in my healthy weight range - it's a great feeling and I am so glad I went ahead with the procedure.

All the best to you.
Back to top Go down
nickers

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2014-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:24 am

Hi  Kez, welcome!

I am awaiting my surgery at the end of October.  I had a band too and had it out in April this year.  Same story, vomiting good food led to eating lots of bad.

What surgeons have you considered so far?  I think things to have come leaps and bounds with this kind of surgery on recent years.  I can certainly understand your fears after your brothers experience.

If you look through the surgeons sections you can see lots of feedback on other people's experiences.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Kezzita

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-09-14

PostSubject: Hi Everyone!   Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:05 am

Hello, I'm Kez & have just spent an inspiring hour reading through some of the posts on this forum.

I actually don't have a gastric sleeve yet but have been looking at different surgeons.
I have previously had a band, it was in for 6 years, but I had it removed in 2013 after it slipped. I never really got great results with the band & endured depression and pain from it. I was sick of vomiting any good foods like meat, eggs, vegies & salads (because they would get stuck) and so ended up living on not-so-good food that slid down easily and at least made me feel full. 

I felt like a naughty school girl every time I went for a weigh in & so would just not go. All in all a bad experience for me. 
I have always been terrified of the thought of (riskier) sleeve or bypass surgery as my brother spent 4 months in hospital (3 in ICU) after having bypass surgery. He nearly passed away 3 times. That was 10 years ago, but I find it hard to shake the image of him lying in ICU. He has since gone on to lose 100+ kgs, (he was super morbidly obese) but vomits frequently and is not a happy person. He is the only surviving person in a group of 12 of them that went through the surgery at the same time.

However one of my friends had a gastric sleeve done in November last year & is now looking & feeling fabulous. She says it it so easy and has never vomited once. She's inspired me to look into it more closely & that's how I found this forum.

I'm committed to getting the sleeve done, but to be honest have been finding reasons to delay it. After reading some of the stories here I'm feeling very positive, so THANK YOU everyone!
Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: