View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Monkey71

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Tue 11 Aug 2015, 8:38 am

Hi kate_emily

Yes mainly (almost all) Optifast. I did make some vegetable soup with a stock cube and my allowed vegetables, so that was a nice break. And, I can have a piece of fruit and a cup of vegetables a day. The first week wasn't too bad, but I've really been struggling to get the Optifast down this week, I just try not to think about it as I'm swallowing it down! Hope it all goes well with you. :)
Back to top Go down
kate_emily

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Tue 11 Aug 2015, 7:03 am

And hello to cassie too, I'm also from the Mornington peninsula :) 
I had my first app with dr draper a few months ago , now just waiting till my health insurance kicks in at the end of October to be sleeved! Hopefully once you've see him you'll also be able to be booked in , having the date makes it all seem so real ! Good luck with you initial app , are you planning on seeing the dietitian and nurse the same day? :)
Back to top Go down
kate_emily

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Tue 11 Aug 2015, 6:56 am

Monkey71 wrote:
Hi everyone
Am new to this site and have been reading the comments on this forum since I decided to be "sleeved".  I'm a 67 year old grandma and decided it was time. It was probably time 10 year ago, but with age comes wisdom???  My process started in May and am being done on 17 August by Mr Draper. Am also have a hiatus hernia repair done.

Must admit I'm having trouble with Optifast, but I keep telling myself it's not forever and the end result will be worth it.
Hi monkey71 

I am also new to this site and being sleeved by dr draper in October :) well done on making the decisions to be sleeved , my mum is 61 and planing on getting it next year , age doesn't matter , felling good and being healthy does ! 

Are you strictly having just optifast for your preopp diet? How long are you having to do it for ? Hope you're coping , I'm not looking forward to the pre opp diet , but you're right , it's not forever and will all be worth it ! Not long till your surgery day now , less than a week to go for you!
Back to top Go down
Sutika
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Sun 09 Aug 2015, 7:09 am

Welcome Cassie and Monkey (and come and join us in the August group).
Back to top Go down
Monkey71

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Another Newbie   Sun 09 Aug 2015, 5:32 am

Hi everyone
Am new to this site and have been reading the comments on this forum since I decided to be "sleeved".  I'm a 67 year old grandma and decided it was time. It was probably time 10 year ago, but with age comes wisdom???  My process started in May and am being done on 17 August by Mr Draper. Am also have a hiatus hernia repair done.

Must admit I'm having trouble with Optifast, but I keep telling myself it's not forever and the end result will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Cassiemanning

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Thu 09 Jul 2015, 12:24 am

Thanks everyone im very eager to get the ball rolling. I got insurance last year knowing I would have to wait 12 months and lucky because a few months after getting it we were surprised with baby number 2 who was born in February. So now that's done it's time for me to pick up and get this body healthy for my husband and kids. I won't say I'm not nervous but I'm also looking forward to this journey to a healthier me! Bring on the 20th August!
Back to top Go down
MrsFroggie1970

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:13 am

Welcome Cassie,
Being almost a 45 year old sleever all I can say is "good on you" because now that I've had it done 13 days ago I wish I'd done it years ago! Best wishes with all the lead-up.
Back to top Go down
Starrbear

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2015-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:30 am

Hi Cassie

My date is the 17th of August with Mr Draper.  I first saw him on the 18th of June after a 6 week wait to see him for my initial appointment.  Karen, the practice Manager is excellent and she will give you his first available surgery date.  Just be aware that there is about 6 different appointments with various team members before the surgery date.  Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you are going.
Back to top Go down
Kat1974

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Wed 08 Jul 2015, 6:10 am

Hi cassie, I'm getting sleeved with dr draper on the 4th August. I've had to wait a year for PHI to kick in. From what I read on here you shouldn't have to wait long.
Back to top Go down
Cassiemanning

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Newbie here   Wed 08 Jul 2015, 4:49 am

Hi Guys
My name is Cassie living on the Mornington peninsula in Victoria. I have just made my first appointment to see Dr Draper at Peninsula Private on the 20th August to start discussion about gastric sleeve.

I have been overweight pretty much my whole adult life and after having had two babies since 2013 it's now time for me to get fit and healthy to enjoy my children's and husbands life with them and not be restricted because of my weight. I'm 32 it's time to do this!

For anyone that has had Dr Draper as your surgeon can you tell me roughly how long it was from your first meeting to when you got your surgery date? I have had private health for over 12 months and have thought about this surgery for the last few years so really keen to get this new chapter of my life started. Hope to speak with some of you really soon xox
Back to top Go down

Newbie here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: