7 weeks to go and excited

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fionap101

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sun 05 Jul 2015, 5:20 am

I had my gall bladder removed in 2011 when I was living in New Zealand, went private before I started having attacks (yes I am a woos  😆). 

I didn't have to go see the psychologist, just the dietician and have the bloods done, I see the surgeon on 6 August, so I presume he will then tell me about the pre-op diet (it is apparently to make your internal organs shrink so it is easier for them to work inside your stomach).

Just hope I can get my tax return back in time to help pay the shortfall from Medibank and Medicare!

Also started trying to take note of how I drink and eat, I.e. Gulping instead of sipping, I figure I am going to have to resort to drinking through a straw to make sure I don't take too big a mouthful.

How long are all of you intending to take off work, for those of you that work?

Thanks for the tip on the porcelain vs melamine LMW93579
Back to top Go down
Sutika
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sun 05 Jul 2015, 4:16 am

Hi Fiona, good tip about the plate thanks. I am getting my surgery with Dr Charles Mosse at Calvary Private Hospital in Canberra. The plan is to go ahead on 12 August but I have a further appt to confirm that as I had gallbladder surgery a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Kat1974

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sun 05 Jul 2015, 2:26 am

I'll check it out- thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sun 05 Jul 2015, 2:23 am

Quick tip about the portion perfect bowl/plate get it in porcelain, my surgeon gave me the melamine but you can't put it in the microwave. Which means if you are having leftovers you have to warm it in something else first. Not a massive issue but I just found it would have been easier to have the porcelain
Back to top Go down
Kat1974

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sun 05 Jul 2015, 12:27 am

August Sleevers are under the heading 'Sleevers monthly' which is on the main page under the 'all about you' heading. Keep exploring as there is some great reading here and lots of support. I'm on August 4 with Dr Draper at Peninsula Private.
Back to top Go down
Fionap101

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sat 04 Jul 2015, 4:21 pm

Hi Kat,
My dietician referred me to an Ozzie site called great ideas, they sell the plate and bowl in either melamine or porcelain, they also have books you can by to help you with meal ideas, etc.

Sutika, where do I find the August group? Thanks

Looking forward to meeting up.

Who are your surgeons and which hospitals are you going to?
Back to top Go down
Kat1974

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sat 04 Jul 2015, 1:57 pm

Hi Fiona, great to have another August sleever. I haven't heard of the plate or bowl you are referring to.
Back to top Go down
Sutika
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: 7 weeks to go and excited   Sat 04 Jul 2015, 1:45 pm

Welcome :) I am a newbie too.

Come and join us in the August group, I am an August sleever too (date TBC but likely). I am starting to get a little nervous but reading everyone's diaries is really useful, as is starting your own if you feel like it.

Sutika
Back to top Go down
Fionap101

Female

PostSubject: 7 weeks to go and excited   Fri 03 Jul 2015, 7:43 am

Hi,

My name is Fiona, I am 46, married with a 21 year old daughter and live in Perth, Western Australia.  I made the decision earlier this year that I had to do something about my weight as nothing was working to get it shifted.  In 2013 I had ankle surgery twice on the same ankle, which has made exercising more difficult, or an easy excuse perhaps?

Anyway, I am currently fluctuating between 114 and 116kg and my BMI is 38 and cholesterol at 5.8, my goal is to loose between 40 - 45kg and to be able to buy clothes in the 'normal' section of the clothing store.

My operation date set for 24th August and I am first on the operating list.  I met with the dietician last night and will be ordering my portion perfect plate and bowl soon to make sure I do this right.

regards
Fiona
Back to top Go down

7 weeks to go and excited
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: