5 days post op 😖

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2015-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 5 days post op 😖   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 1:36 pm

I'm 3 days post op and been taking soluble Panadol too. When I drink the soluble Panadol put it in about 100ml water I let the fizz die down.  I drink it slowly keep swirling it in the glass as it settles in the bottom and have another glass with apple juice watered down a little as I find the taste a bit strong.  So I take a sip of Panadol and a sip of apple juice mix it in my mouth and let it slide down slowly in little bits.   I find the apple juice takes the taste of the Panadol away.  I just keep drinking it like that till its gone and in between have an extra sip of apple juice.  Hope this helps.  

I thought about dissolving it in the Apple juice and water but I think it may tast worse that way.  

When I was in hospital a nurse opened my lyrica capsule and put it in water and told me to drink it.  That was really disgusting but I managed to get it down by doing the same thing by using diet cordial in my water.  Luckily I took the diet cordial with me to hospital in a small bottle.  I had been warned that water was easier to drink with a drop of diet cordial. 

Everyone on this forum have been so wonderful with advice and little tips and tricks to cope before and after the sleeve and as Joybells said the June Sleevers group  are really supportive so come on over.
Back to top Go down
Joybells
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 5 days post op 😖   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 12:30 pm

Hi alpyne12,
You are welcome to come join us on the monthly page of June as we are all going through the same things together. There are some there the same stage as you so I,m sure you would get some support.
We have a great bunch of new sleevers that are very supportive.
All the best. I,m nearly two weeks out now and the first week is the hardest. Hope your home soon.
I had to dissolve normal Panadol in cordial and it was bitter as they wouldn't give me dissolvable. I would have found the amount too much to drink with dissolvable.
Best of luck for a few better days ahead.
Back to top Go down
Alpyne12

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-06-27

PostSubject: Thanks all   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 9:54 am

Thanks all, I am much better this afternoon. A little panic attack I think and you are right, it's rest and fluid fluid fluid! Headache has gone and I'm trying to drink as much as I can. Yes, liquid Panadol... The dreaded stuff makes me vomit it straight back up. I'll go back to soluble ones but leave plenty of time for all the bubbles to settle so I can get it down slowly. I'll keep posting on my progress, it's a daunting time for sure 
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: 5 days post op 😖   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 7:00 am

There is a  liquid Panadol you can get it from the Chemist which is better for your sleeve than soluble panadol as that has bubbles.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 5 days post op 😖   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 4:19 am

Hi Alpyne12,

The first week or so can be very crappy, it does get better. The headache is usually due to dehydration and lack of calories. I agree totally with LMW, concentrate on getting at least 2 litres of fluids in a day. I know it's a lot but just keep sipping away all day. Some people cope with cold fluids but I found my Sleeve liked peppermint tea the best. If plain water doesn't sit well add a little low cal cordial. The anaesthetic can also make you feel quite "hung over" for a few weeks. Later on Constipation can  cause headaches and nausea.

I couldn't cope with soluble panadol either, made me heave like there was no tomorrow - (serves you right, nurse who made me take it, even though I told you I felt sick - she had to change the bed, my gown and my dressings in the middle of the night!)

Headache is not a sign of post-op blood clot (DVT, PE) Signs of blood clots post op are red, swollen, painful calf, shortness of breath, chest pain, coughing up blood. Hopefully you have none of these symptoms.

Hopefully you will start to feel better soon.
cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 5 days post op 😖   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:43 am

Sorry you're having a horrible time Alpyne. I had headaches alot early on and found more fluids and the panadol made a big difference. How are your fluids going? I found sucking on some hydrolyte icy poles helped me to get some extra fluids in the early post op period. Maybe you are having issues with the soluble because it is fizzy? The taste of paracetamol is pretty rotten too. Can you talk to your surgeon about taking regular panadol or a liquid instead?

If you're concerned don't spend a bunch of time worrying just call your surgeons office and speak with them. They see this all the time and they can give you the best advice for your particular situation. Then you can get back to relaxing and recovering worry free😊
Back to top Go down
Alpyne12

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-06-27

PostSubject: 5 days post op 😖   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:34 am

Hi, I'm five days post op GS and new to this forum. Struggling with a couple of things so thought I would join up. I had a horrible time straight after surgery with nausea and vomiting, turned out to be the drugs as first time under a general. Then slowly progressed and am now he but have had shocking headaches!?!? Struggle to consume Panadol soluble... Anyone else experience this? It's making have mild panic attack about blood clots but not sure if  I'm just overreacting...
Back to top Go down

5 days post op 😖
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: