View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ineedasleeve

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Re: And here we go!!   Tue 09 Jun 2015, 2:16 am

Welcome :)

My surgery is in September as well. Good luck on your journey.
Back to top Go down
rediscoverme

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-06-06

PostSubject: Re: And here we go!!   Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm

Thanks ladies,

I am really excited but not kidding myself as I know it will be hard work:)

QuirkyQuaintrelle I am having surgery in September and I have going the slivers monthly for my month :)

I have just begun to read diaries as I think it will be helpful to prepare my head.

Since my family and best friends are in QLD I think this forum is going to be a huge support tool for me.

Thanks for the welcome:)
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: And here we go!!   Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:21 am

Hi rediscoverme and welcome to the forum! This is a fantastic site for support and encouragement and, of course, lots of inspiration! When are you booked in for surgery? I found it really helpful to join up with the applicable Sleevers Monthly thread so I could chat with people at the same stage of the process as me, and I spent hours trawling people's diaries so I could get my head around what to expect. I don't know where I would've been without this forum, especially in the early days. Best of luck on your journey and I look forward to seeing more of you round the forum :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: And here we go!!   Sun 07 Jun 2015, 5:51 am

Welcome rediscover me. A huge decision, it can take a while to get your brain around it all. Best of luck on your journey xx
Back to top Go down
rediscoverme

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-06-06

PostSubject: And here we go!!   Sat 06 Jun 2015, 8:10 am

Hi everyone,

So I booked in my surgery yesterday after a really long time thinking about it.

I have had problems with my health for over a decade and with those problems came the increasing kg's. 

I have tried many things including 6 days a week at the gym combined with a PT, dietitian which really improved my fitness but made no change to my weight:(

October last year saw me land in hospital with dangerously high Blood Pressure which is getting worse so enough is enough, bit the bullet and locked it in.

I am mostly looking forward to rediscovering my old self who has become somewhat buried more and more with every kg.

Anyway, I live in Perth and all of my family and close friends are in QLD so I think this will be a ket support tool for me during this transition.

I look forward to sharing my experience and "paying it forward" in a support role when the time comes.

I am doing this for me and the chance at a happy and healthy future that will hopefully allow me to meet someone and have a family:)
Back to top Go down

And here we go!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: