New to forum Hi all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kat1974

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: New to forum Hi all   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

Hi 'first time'. I'm new too and I'm booked for August 4, so just after you. 2 months to go. I'm very excited!
Back to top Go down
miki1988

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2015-05-05

PostSubject: Hi Alkbride   Sat 30 May 2015, 3:15 am

Hellooo, Alkbride and all fellow Junies, 
Well I have 3 sleeps to go and am very excited. Being a nurse working in ED and ICU my brain is in over drive GRRRR. Sometimes knowledge is not always a good friend.  However I am well aware what is in store for me over the next 15 years if I dont do this. I lost 3.5 kg is my first week of optislim and will weigh myself Tuesday before I leave the community for the 9 hours drive to Darwin for my surgery on Wednesday. My only concern is the anathetic I think I have made my anaethatist paradnoid with some of the questions I asked him, told him what type of intubation I requried, Yep couldnt help myself LOL. I just said to him make sure I wake up with no broken teeth:213: Any hoo I will chat the night before I go it I will probably be a jittering mess
Back to top Go down
Alkirbe

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New to forum Hi all   Sat 30 May 2015, 1:13 am

Hi each and all. I have mine booked in for 11th June. 12 days away but who's counting lol.
Miki I can relate to you so much. Same age and my life is also on hold until drastic change is made with my life.
I lost all self esteem when I put my weight on.
It ruined my marriage and my health.
I became depressed, lost interest in everything and stayed inside and therefore put more weight on.
I realised one day that I was teaching my kids my bad habits and I had to do something to prove to them I loved them and wanted to be around to watch them grow up.
And here I am, changing my life and giving myself another chance at love.
Back to top Go down
miki1988

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum Hi all   Sun 17 May 2015, 10:07 am

Hello there, great to hear from you. I have mine done on the 3rd of June . I am excited and impatient to get this part of my life over and done with. Sick of the yoyo cycle, putting my life on hold until I loose weight. I am almost 50 and I need to start getting my life in order before my weight starts having permenant negative effects on my health and future. I dont know anyone who has had this done either but I know of several who have had the band done that have not been successful, this is part of the reason why I chose the sleeve. Just shout out if you need someone to chat too.
Cheers and welcome aboard. 
Firsttime wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and am so glad I found it.  I don't really know anyone who has had this type of surgery so am looking for a support group.

I have my surgery booked for 31 July.I am very excited but also terrified at the same time.

I hope I can turn to you all for advice and I will do the same in return.

Chat soon.

Back to top Go down
SammySleever
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2015-01-10

PostSubject: Re: New to forum Hi all   Sun 17 May 2015, 9:27 am

Welcome to all of you!!  

I'm only 7 weeks out myself and didn't know anyone else with the sleeve either and I have found this forum to be absolutely fantastic for support. Make sure you join the monthly group applicable to you and you will all be able to support each other as you go through the stages at the same  time. 

When  I first started thinking about this surgery I wanted to know about as many different journeys as I could. I read so many of the diaries on this site and watched lots of YouTube vlogs too. 

And never feel embarrassed about asking questions-no matter how silly they seem! 

Congratulations on your decisions and good luck with your surgeries!
Back to top Go down
B Butterfly

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-05-17

PostSubject: Hi Everyone... Yes I'm a newbie   Sun 17 May 2015, 7:49 am

Hi Everyone & all Newbies....Yes I'm a newbie too. I had lap band in 2008 & like soooo many others I had a lot of trouble with the band ( I use to think it was me doing something wrong) ..... I never realised how many other people had a problem UNTIL I had my ban taken out in Dec 2014 & I started looking at this forum today...
BUT I am booked into having the G Sleeve done on 11th June 2015. I'm nervous & excited at the same time.....I'm Ready to start this new journey & to be the person on the outside that I feel I am on the inside.
Back to top Go down
Firsttime

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New to forum Hi all   Sat 16 May 2015, 7:40 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and am so glad I found it.  I don't really know anyone who has had this type of surgery so am looking for a support group.

I have my surgery booked for 31 July.I am very excited but also terrified at the same time.

I hope I can turn to you all for advice and I will do the same in return.

Chat soon.

Back to top Go down
miki1988

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum Hi all   Tue 05 May 2015, 11:15 am

Hi I am new to the forum, just stumbled across it, glad I have found it looks like a great bunch suporters here cheers
Back to top Go down
Monjara

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New to forum Hi all   Sat 02 May 2015, 4:12 am

Hi Smiles50 and welcome.
Hope all goes well for you with your surgery. Everyone's experience on here varies to certain degrees but all with the same results. I found the post op thread very helpful with what I could expect and you might like to consider joining in the May thread in sleevers monthly for support and info with people who are at the same stage in their journey as you are.
Best of luck.
W
Back to top Go down
smiles50

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-04-29

PostSubject: New to forum Hi all   Sat 02 May 2015, 1:21 am

Hi all I have my surgery date on the 9th of May.
Getting very excited now !!!!
Looking forward to reading about what is to come form people who have already experienced the same thing.
Back to top Go down

New to forum Hi all
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: