AuthorMessage
Caet

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-04-23

PostSubject: Re: OMG what have I done ?!!   Fri 24 Apr 2015, 4:08 am

Thanks everyone

I've posted in "May" :)

Starting to really look forward to the change.  Just lots of fear of the unknown with surgery since I've never had it before :)

Certainly there will be a huge benefit and I'm really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: OMG what have I done ?!!   Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:14 pm

Welcome Caet, 

It is a massive decision to make, and one which can only be made by you after weighing up the pros and cons, benefits and risks. If you head over to the sleeves monthly May group you'll find a whole lot of other people there who are experiencing the same thing at a similar time which can be a great support for you. Yes, it may take a little time for you to adjust to your new way of life, but we are always here if you need to ask questions. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Suze61
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: OMG what have I done ?!!   Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

Hi Caet,
Welcome, and well done.  you sound very motivated.  I too am yet to be sleeved, in August.  I saw my surgeon last Friday, and he said that regardless of drinking well and so forth, that after surgery there will be good days and not so good days due to being dizzy etc.  It makes me think that if that is the case, then it is probably best for you to be grounded until that time passes? 
All the best with the next month.  You sound like a very professional and accomplished lady, you will succeed here too.  :)
Back to top Go down
Caet

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-04-23

PostSubject: OMG what have I done ?!!   Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:33 pm

OK well this has happened fast!  However not unprepared.  A very good friend who is concerned suggested I consider surgery a while ago.  Then when I had my latest aviation medical with a BMI of 41, my DAME suggested it too and when I said yes I'd consider it, I got a referral on the spot.

So two weeks later and I have the first appointment with the GP, then they tell me there is a cancellation and I can have the appointment with the surgeon (Dr Michael France - Adelaide) the very next day.  

The outcome is that I'm booked for 28th May for the sleeve.

I'd done a lot of research on the net and with doctor friends.  I feel that academically I'm well prepared.

BUT I've never had an operation before.  Never had a general anaesthetic.  I was adopted so no family history known.  I have had an epidural though and it was OK.  

Bummer is that I get grounded by the surgery for an unknown period.  Probably 6 weeks by what I read from you all.  Then I have to get my aviation medical back.  Haven't not flown for that long since I started flying gliders in 1986!  (Even through two pregnancies)

Doc thinks the outcome should be good.  I haven't been this big for too long.  About 6 years it all turned to worms over a very messy divorce :(

Anyway trying to launch a new career as a commercial pilot (was an engineer) and I need to not be a nearly 50 year old blimp!   I also want to go trekking with my sons (20 and 17).

Thanks for listening and thanks for all the info and links on this site.  You've helped enormously.

Back to top Go down

OMG what have I done ?!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: