eeeeek!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FinallyHere

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-02-22

PostSubject: Re: eeeeek!    Wed 15 Apr 2015, 1:32 pm

Yes, I agree. Being obese is risky and decreases life span. A lot of people are having GS these days, just be strict with the pre op optifast diet to enable your liver to shrink (enabling a safer surgery). 

I thought you were thinking that the GS pain and recovery is the same as gall bladder removal (and it's not - I wish it was).

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Re: eeeeek!    Wed 15 Apr 2015, 12:57 pm

Hi Binney78!!
I am roughly the same stats as you, I'm 173.5cm and 151.3kg. 
i was watching a Clusie L clip on YouTube the other day and she  said something that I really agreed with. And that's that yes to have Weight loss surgery is dangerous, but being obese is dangerous as well. Longer healthier happier life ... Why not!!
good luck with your surgery xx
Back to top Go down
binney78

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: eeeeek!    Wed 15 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm

Thanks for replies. Its not that i am thinking it will be like gall bladder surgery, just the anesthesia part! Being bigger and having more complications etc. I know it will be better for kids in long run but just feel the guilts about taking the risk with surgery vs doing it without! (Even though i have tried everything in the book and been 100+kg since i was 19!) :-)
Back to top Go down
GW

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: eeeeek!    Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:49 am

binney78 wrote:
Hi everyone. New to forum. Been on waiting list for sleeve for bit over a year and got letter in mail yesterday with surgery date! Done loads of research and am confident in my decision but now its all getting real! Date set for 13th may......so just under a month away! Surgeon appt next week on 22nd. Excited and nervous! Have a lot to lose atm (155kgs/170cm!) I am 37. I have kids 13, 12 and 3. Did anyone else with kids feel guilt? Ie what if something happens etc? Had gall bladder out last august and no issues with surgery there but still nervous!
Just sounding out loud (to people i dont know!)
I thought of it as doing something for my kids. Now hopefully I will be fit and active into old age and they won't have to worry about me. I also want to do more with them when they are young. As far as surgery goes, it was not too bad. First three days are most difficult. Just take in your fluids, move around as soon as possible and deep breathing exercises helped a lot with pain.
Back to top Go down
FinallyHere

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-02-22

PostSubject: Re: eeeeek!    Wed 15 Apr 2015, 10:30 am

Hi, I had my gall bladder out 3 years ago = no issue.
I had GS 5 days ago and the recovery is nothing like gall bladder. Nausea, pain, tiredness. 

I'm not trying to put you off, just don't think it's like gall bladder. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
binney78

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: eeeeek!    Wed 15 Apr 2015, 7:29 am

Hi everyone. New to forum. Been on waiting list for sleeve for bit over a year and got letter in mail yesterday with surgery date! Done loads of research and am confident in my decision but now its all getting real! Date set for 13th may......so just under a month away! Surgeon appt next week on 22nd. Excited and nervous! Have a lot to lose atm (155kgs/170cm!) I am 37. I have kids 13, 12 and 3. Did anyone else with kids feel guilt? Ie what if something happens etc? Had gall bladder out last august and no issues with surgery there but still nervous!
Just sounding out loud (to people i dont know!)
Back to top Go down

eeeeek!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: