AuthorMessage
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: I Woke Up Fat!   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 9:11 am

Hi Ladybug,

Just wanted to let you know I had many of the same fears. I'm 157cm and at my heaviest I was 105 kg, 101kg when I saw the surgeon. I'd heard about the band and gastric bypass but I never went any further with it because at the time I believed the risks outweighed the rewards. After losing 38kg, putting it back on then losing the same 10kgs and putting them back on over and over I was thinking I might not find a solution. I only heard about this surgery recently, from a friend of a friend who underwent the procedure. Listening to her story was like hearing my own and I knew I had to look into it.

I was so worried that my gp would not give me a referral but he was actually really supportive and thought it was a good option. Then I worried that the surgeon would say I was not a good candidate but he was happy to do it. In the end he asked if I would like to do it soon and now less than a month later I am home from the hospital and I am sleeved.

It wasn't an easy decision to make to get the sleeve. The last few days in hospital have been pretty tough but now that I'm home I feel a lot better. It is going to require a lot of changes. It's all happened so quickly in my case.

I wish you all the best for your appointment and I know reading the messages on here has helped me a lot so far
Back to top Go down
Monjara

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I Woke Up Fat!   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 8:47 am

Hi Ladybug, I've seen a few people's posts on here where they were in the 90's and a couple in the high 80's when they had their sleeves done, so it's not unheard of for being under 100kg and having a sleeve.
I'm sure you will have no problems with it, especially if your health is being effected and you are at risk in other areas.
All the best with your journey.
W
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Ladybug   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 5:22 am

Hi again

The answer to that is I am eating and drinking ok (no problem with liquids like water, cordial etc but don't drink anything with bubbles).  As for the eating - still don't eat much at all - one weetbix with milk for brekky, cup of soup and cruskitt for lunch and something like salmon and sweet potato mash for dinner.

I cannot eat meat as yet - it makes me uncomfortable. I do eat fish and all seafood.  But everyone is different, my daughter had the same op and one year on she can eat anything at all.  It just takes a while for the body to let you know what it likes. Mine loves soup and ice blocks lol.

Good luck but don't worry the operation does work but always take it easy, sip slowly, chew thoroughly and take as long as possible to finish your meal.  If you are patient with yourself and don't try to eat things like pizza straight away you will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Ladybug

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-03-25

PostSubject: Thanks   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 3:56 am

Thank you kaznik88,

I forgot they do it for the money hehe. Silly me. I think the reason I had it in my head is someone said to me the lowest weight to get onto the TV show, Biggest Loser, was 100kgs.

Great news on your weight loss! That is awesome!

Can I ask if you are eating and drinking ok now? I am a huge water drinker and I have noticed a lot of posts from people struggling with their water intake, either not being able to or not wanting to drink water. I love water! 

Thanks for dropping in :)
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Don't worry   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 3:26 am

Hi Ladybug

I was heavier than you but I can pretty much guarantee you will find a surgeon to do this surgery and probably the one you are referred to.  They don't operate as a community service - it's how they make their money. Btw - the operation is very worthwhile and you will lose the weight. I have now lost 40 kilos in six and a half months.

All the best
Back to top Go down
Ladybug

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-03-25

PostSubject: I Woke Up Fat!   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 12:33 am

Hello all, thanks for having me :)

Time for me to introduce myself and stop 'lurking' in the background ..... Well, I haven't always been fat. It really does seem that I went to bed one night skinny and woke up fat. It is hard to pinpoint exactly when it started to be honest. I was diagnosed as a coeliac and went straight onto a gluten free diet. A little weight came on but I didn't worry too much about it. But then more started coming on and due to a wee bit of stress thanks to a then teenage daughter, a few wines were popping into my day and all of a sudden, i had a huge stomach! I am not talking a pot belly or anything, it was that bad that people at the sushi place I went to would not serve me a tuna roll because of 'the baby'. I had to explain over and over that I was just fat, not pregnant. 

I wasn't fat anywhere else at this time, just my stomach so I decided that maybe cigarettes had some kind of gluten in them (I can create some amazing ideas in my head when I want to), and I quit cold turkey from 50 cigs a day to 0. Weight was still piling on but was now in my bum and face and legs and well, all over. 

Moved in with the man of my dreams three years ago and wowza, hello 20 kilos. Now I was thirty kilos heavier than when I had met my man four years earlier. It is obvious that it is my meal sizes and ability to drink copious amounts of alcohol that has assisted in this weight gain and even though I haven't been fat all of my life, I do feel as though I have tried almost everything to try and lose this weight except for gastric sleeve surgery. 

I must admit that I hadn't actually thought about it before. A guy at work had band surgery a year ago and has lost 30 kilos so I looked into it recently. At the time of his surgery, I was full on at the gym and dieting and lost 17 kilos in 8 months. I was really pleased with my progress and will admit, I did feel a bit superior to my friend having the surgery for the band. I felt that I was actually doing this weight loss journey the right way and that he was taking the easy way out. Now I know better. 

Now I know there is no easy way out and either surgery requires your attention and dedication still. Am I frightened? YEP. Scared as hell but I am not as scared of the surgery as I am about possible diabetes, heart failure, liver disease etc. Already my liver is showing as being a 'fatty liver' and that scares me. Even pulling my stomach up and readjusting it to get comfortable is not only annoying but darn well embarrassing. 

So, I am seeing a doctor on Tuesday the 31st of March, 2015, in the hope of getting a referral to a surgeon.  I am so worried that I will be denied this because for some reason, I have it in my head that I should be 'heavier'. But I am hoping the BMI will be enough proof that I need this surgery. I have read many others stories and I can't find anyone who started under 100 kilos. I am only short being 5ft with no inches so I feel as wide as I am short and I have had enough. I can not continue to eat the same size meal as my man because he is 5.10 and weighs 120 kilos. 

Please cross your fingers in the hope I will get my referral and will soon be seeing a surgeon to organised what most of you are saying is the best thing you have ever done. 

xxx Ladybug
Back to top Go down

I Woke Up Fat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: