View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
barbiedoll

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: newbie 2.5 weeks post op   Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:55 pm

Hi Nini,

thanks for your words of wisdom. you settled me down a bit there.  I was beginning to think something was wrong or whats happening to me!!!!

Defo must have hit the stall, cause i'm hardly having anything.  I gathered that little in is little out. 
Am having benefiber in drink, watery yoghurt that is, but little to nil in so has nothing to work with to get out.  Am having a struggle, so yesterday, I took my measurements and can definitly say they are going down, which was great to see, so I said good bye to the scales, wont be weighing in until a week away. Overall I feel well, except after any food (poached egg was great, and steamed fish!!!) both were soft soft, and fish with gravy was just wonderful!!!!, I can handle the protein drink from woolies call Lo-Carb, I can actually drink this down, it fills me up totally (I wish all other drink were like it). Had real struggle with water yeserday, put lemon juice in and ended up with pain across stomach and just had to sleep. That was a total of 1.5 glasses water with lemon, 2 hydralite frozen sticks, 1 protein drink and about two inches of steamed soft white fish. I would say not enough going in!!! I can smell food, cook it up for the family feel hungry during it, but have no interest to eat anything. 

Oh well, just time to get myself motivated, get on the bike/crosstrainer and move on with it.    

by the way, how do you get the scale details on the bottom of the posts. They are great and keep you motivated, its great watching someone else's journey down those stairs!!!!! If you would kindly let me know, I'd really appreciate it!......and thanks for your reply, it soothed the stressed nerves!

Barb 
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: newbie 2.5 weeks since sleeve OP, but have a question to ask real people   Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:57 am

Forgot to ask - have you been going to the toilet regularly or are you constipated? Sorry, for the personal question, lol, but if you aren't going regularly it can cause a weight stall.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: newbie 2.5 weeks since sleeve OP, but have a question to ask real people   Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:53 am

Hi Barbara,

You have hit the dreaded 2 week stall, that's all. You were very lucky to actually lose weight in the first week as a lot of people put it on due to the IV fluids they pump into you in hospital. The scales are the devil and they will do your head in if you let it. Make sure you only weigh once a week and even then often you wont see much movement on the scales. The best thing to do is to actually take your neck, chest, waist and butt measurements. Often you will still be losing cm even though the scales are stubborn. Weight loss is often like stairs doing down not a straight line. One week you may have a good loss the next week nothing or very little. Most people seem to stall about the 2 or 3 week mark, often when transitioning from fluids onto solids. Take a big breath, it will work, just let the Sleeve have time to do it's job. 

Stomachs heal at different rates and it takes some time for all the swelling to go down so that more solid food can pass through. I was still on fluids at 2 weeks and just starting to transition onto very liquidy purees. Most people find eggs very heavy to begin with, especially scrambled. I found very soft, poached eggs were the first type my stomach could cope with, then runny, soft boiled egg and then weeks later I was able to tolerate scrambled eggs. Puree even the things that you think are very soft and add plenty of stock or gravy. To begin with you may only be able to tolerate a couple of teaspoons, eaten very slowly but it will get better. This is a big learning curve and it takes time to learn what your new stomach likes and what it can cope with. Gradually over the next weeks you will settle into a routine and it won't feel so over whelming.  Make sure your taking your multi-vitamin and Vit b12 to help with the tiredness. As you are able to get more calories in the exhaustion will get better.

Big hugs,
Nini
Back to top Go down
barbiedoll

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: newbie 2.5 weeks since sleeve OP, but have a question to ask real people   Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:13 am

Hi guys!  Im Barbara, and only new to the forum! has been great for information and reading all the comments. Now, I have a couple of questions to ask you  "old hands"!!

1.  since last week, my weight has stayed the same. bhah humbug, as the first week after went down 4.5 kgs.  Im not handling food, the teaspoons of puree foods, ie scrambled eggs, land with a thump and make me feel quite sick.  tried mashed potato with gravy last night, got some down then thump again. Not take more than a couple of teaspoons worth. Protein drink (Kickstart) I get through maybe a half of the drink, and have to use coconut milk as it was very difficult, but still feel sick as after it, and yes I'm sip sip sipping all the way.  Dietician recommended having diet lemon cordial to help with water,  but takes me all day to drink 1 bottle.  So I'm on ice again, and have now also got myself hydralyte frozen sticks to help me, as was getting extreme tiredness, to the point of falling asleep at 3pm in my office chair, and sleeping on the lounge by 7.30pm, I worked out that this was extreme dehydration, so have fixed this problem I hope now. 

2.  Dr. gave me clearance to ride bike/cross trainer (which I can do no problems at all) I feel invigorated by this!! but still, I'm the same weight as a week ago.  Obviously I'm not getting much in the way of foods in side me, as each time I try I feel quite ill after. Have only had, scrambled eggs, fresh tomato soup, mashed potato with gravy, puree cauliflower with gravy, 1/2 to 1 cup protein drink in a day, obviously all spread out over days of the week, not all together. 

3. I'm feeling frustrated, flat, defeated and lost! I feel obsessed with the scales and disappointed as well, so they are now hidden out of sight! 

Doles anyone have any wise words of wisdom, direction,
Back to top Go down

newbie 2.5 weeks since sleeve OP, but have a question to ask real people
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: