View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lonie62

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2015-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Hello and Hey :)   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 5:55 am

Hi,

Welcome.  I am a newbie too.  I am having my sleeve on Friday 13 March on the Gold Coast.
You should look for the group of May sleevers and hook into that one and find others who are sharing your journey in the same month.

Good luck on your journey and see you around the forums.

Lonie
Back to top Go down
squeakytoy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-01-19

PostSubject: Hi, Hello and Hey :)   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 3:30 am

Hi

My name is Rachael and I hope to have the gastric sleeve done on the 21st May (depending on Dietician and Psychologists ok *fingers crossed*)  

I had the band put in on the 26th July 2005 but after initially having great results, I found that the band was causing me to vomit even after a sip of liquid.  I would go 2-4 days without having any food or liquids and I knew something wasn't quite right.  The doctor that initially banded me would say "at least you're losing weight" which I accepted as normal at the time.  But after 2 years of this happening I knew I had to do something about it.

I met with Dr Thomas in January this year and he offered to take my band out.  Band was taken out on the 29th of Jan and my god I feel sooooo much better.  After the surgery he mentioned that the band had become like a noose.  The area that was securing it in a loop was not latched in correctly and it was going from tight to extremely tight hence why I was sick all the time.  

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is anyone else getting sleeved around the same time?
Back to top Go down

Hi, Hello and Hey :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: