View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lookingafterme

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in three weeks   Fri 13 Feb 2015, 9:50 am

Thanks so much QuirkyQuaintrelle and DayleD,

I have read so much on line, but this space is the most informative. Having been an emotional eater in the past I think working with a psychologist is a great idea, as I too was prone to diving in and eating everything on the table. I shall keep reading these blogs. thanks for the support!
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in three weeks   Fri 13 Feb 2015, 4:27 am

It's great to hear you are feeling so positive about your sleeve!  Not too far away now :)

There are, like anything, pros and cons.  Pre sleeve I read the complications page/threads on here and while I found it quite confronting, and scary, felt it was better to know that not all sleeve outcomes are positive - there are leaks and complications and sometimes life long ones.  Best to know what can go wrong and have all the information.

Having said that, everyone experiences the sleeve differently.  I'm constantly hungry still (and have been since being sleeved) so nothing has changed there for me so I would definitely count that as a negative, however I do get full after a meal (though it doesn't last long) so as long as I stick to my regular eating times I'm okay.  Like QQ said about dealing with the emotional eating through talking to a psych...there are always ways to deal with the negatives.  To me, the positives far outweigh the negatives, I am now the healthiest I've been in at least 15 years and feel fantastic.

The biggest thing that I'm watching out for post sleeve is the eventual putting back on of weight.  This does happen, and is not uncommon.  That's a definite negative all us sleevers have to be on the lookout for and be able to deal with when/if that comes along.

Hope I'm not too much of a negative Nelly here.  Good luck with your sleeve, I wish you a smooth surgery and recovery.

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in three weeks   Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:36 am

Welcome to the forum lookingafterme! This is such an awesome resource with a wealth of information, and lots of lovely supportive, encouraging people. 

i was sleeved in October and I have no regrets. I can't really think of any negatives except to say that sometimes I miss diving head first into a bowl of food to eat away emotions. But it doesn't last long and I'm glad that I can't take this option any more. I'm now working with a psychologist to help me manage those feelings too.  

I'd highly recommend reading through the diaries on here so you get a really good idea of what to expect pre and post sleeve. There's also the Sleevers Monthly section so you can join up with your peers on your journey. 

Best of luck in 3 weeks and in the meantime, ask all the questions you need to and do lots of reading so you can ge your head around this life changing experience!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
lookingafterme

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-02-12

PostSubject: Sleeve in three weeks   Thu 12 Feb 2015, 11:00 pm

Hi All,

I am so excited at the thought of finally being in control of my weight. Spent years on the yo-yo merry-go-round with no success. Have started on the Opitfast shakes and whilst the weight is coming off, there must be a market for shakes that actually taste good. I have read everything possible on GSs and all sound very positive. Has anyone heard of any negative aspects of this surgery? Regardless Im still eager for mine.
Back to top Go down

Sleeve in three weeks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: