View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
georgiepie

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in 2 weeks   Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:30 pm

Hi All
I am being Sleeved Feb 20th so will join you all under the Feb Sleevers.
My first 3 days on Optispew was really hard and I think the weekend didn't help either. I'm not enjoying the shakes much either but I do enjoy the bars. I put the bars in the freezer and have one around 2.00pm and the other after dinner when I am watching telly. It's like having a treat :-) not as nice as other treats which got me to this stage.
Diet Jelly - well not my fav but I do have this for my morning tea, Salad for lunch and Stir fry vege's for dinner. Cannot believe how much I am enjoying my Stir Fry Veges.
I think my op is around 1.00pm - alot of sitting around waiting - hungy and thirsty and anxious :-)
Anyway good luck guys look forward to our catch ups.
Have a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
Tracey1

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in 2 weeks   Thu 12 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm

Hi Jill,

Come join us Feb Sleevers.
If you look under 'Sleevers monthly'
Then click on February 2015, you will find us all there.

Having my op on the 23rd, so I feel your pain with the opti. I had a cracker of a headache on day 2. Not too hungry, been snacking on celery and snap peas lol. 
Then again I still have another 10 days to go.

Found out yesterday that I'm first on the list on surgery day which I'm wrapped about, no sitting around getting anxious (hopefully)..

All the best for the 24th,
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in 2 weeks   Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:58 am

HI Jill and welcome to the forum! 

The pre op shakes aren't the greatest so thank goodness we don't have to rely on them for a sustained period because I'd have had no hope! Whereas since being sleeved in October, I feel like I'm full of hope these days although (of course!) I would like the loss to be faster. Having said that, I've never lost so much weight in such a short period (25kg since mid October) and I know that this time I'm on to a long term solution rather than just another fad diet.

I wish you tons of luck of your journey and look forward to seeing more o you round the forum :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Jillian1977

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in 2 weeks   Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:17 am

Thanks DayleD, That's good to hear others with similar ailments doing well after the sleeve. I am from Moree NSW.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve in 2 weeks   Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:17 am

Welcome :)  Not long now...how exciting.  I know what you mean about bulging discs and bad hips.  Feel hopeful though as 6 months post sleeve for me = no more bulging discs OR hip pain, sweet success...it actually feels good to be active these days without pain.

All the best, I'm sure I'll see you around the forum.

Cheers, DayleD

PS What area are you in Northern NSW (if you don't mind me asking)?
Back to top Go down
Jillian1977

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-02-11

PostSubject: Sleeve in 2 weeks   Thu 12 Feb 2015, 3:20 am

Hello Hi All,

My name is Jill and I am booked to have my sleeve on the 24th Feb 2015. I have started my pre-op shakes and to be honest they suck. I know it is only the first few days into it, but holy crap I am hungry.  I have been overweight my entire life, although I did lose weight when I got married, but that was by doing shakes (when they first really came out). My kids came along and BAM, weight just piled back on. I am so excited to be having this surgery, as I will finally be able to get my health back on track. Bulging discs, bad knees and hips, are not a good combination to help in the normal way to lose weight. Looking forward to being active with my 2 boys and my husband who also has taken on getting healthy and fit.

So I just thought I would join up to the forum, have my say/winge and see what happens. 

Cheers
Jill
Back to top Go down

Sleeve in 2 weeks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: