View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mookratzer

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Just starting out   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 11:24 am

Welcome, Jowazza.
I have only just joined myself, and I have found a lot of wonderful support and advice here.  I was sleeved in August, and spent a couple of days in hospital.  I am also a registered nurse, so I have seen both sides of the hospital ward!  Surgery is a big deal, and some degree of nervousness and anxiety is expected.
There are lots of topics here, so any questions you have, I am sure that somebody here will have either done it, said it, saw it, drank it, ate it or stopped doing it!
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
jowazza

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Thanks   Tue 10 Feb 2015, 5:02 am

Thanks Guys.  I will definitely take on board that advise and start browsing
Back to top Go down
juldon1

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2014-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Just starting out   Mon 09 Feb 2015, 3:17 pm

Hi Jo
Welcome to the forum! Look around, ask questions, research and ask more questions. I'm fairly new here too, just sleeved 2 and a half weeks ago and there are some fantastic people on here with heaps of advice, and experience that I have chatted to and learned from.

Have a look in the Sleevers Monthly part and join one of the groups that are being sleeved the same month as you, it's good to have support.
Also look into the previous months sleevers posts to see how they are going and what they experienced - it all helps with your journey and preparation.
Check out the Pros and Cons section, the good and the bad, always be fully informed. Sometimes things do go wrong and we need to be prepared in case that happens.

Read and ask questions, nothing is deemed as a silly question on this forum, every question is valid in our journey to weight loss success,

Hope you enjoy the forum

take care

Jules
Back to top Go down
Ness28

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2015-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Just starting out   Mon 09 Feb 2015, 11:42 am

Hi Jo,
Welcome to the forum, a wonderful place for support and great advise. Good luck with upcoming journey.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Just starting out   Mon 09 Feb 2015, 11:38 am

Hiya Jo,

Welcome aboard !

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
jowazza

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Just starting out   Mon 09 Feb 2015, 10:17 am

Hi
Im Jo, Ive just been to the surgeon to find out my options.  I have decided to go with the Sleeve, but im as nervous as anything now ive made my decision.  I have all my appointments booked and go back to him in March and have been told I will have the operation 4-6 weeks after seeing him.  I cant wait to start my weight loss journey but not looking forward to the whole hospital bit.  

Anyway just saying hello.
Back to top Go down

Just starting out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: