View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aussiearies
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Two days to go and scared   Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:11 am

Pleased to hear you are doing well Jan42. Each day you will feel better and better
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Two days to go and scared   Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:02 am

Yay - welcome to the sleeved side! Fingers crossed for a speedy, pain free recovery.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Jan42

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Two days to go and scared   Sat 31 Jan 2015, 1:28 am

Yeh it's done !! Has my op yesterday and feel surprisingly good today been up showered walking around as people have suggested. I'm nil by mouth for three days and have a pain manager button that I can use if needed.
So my journey begins !
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Two days to go and scared   Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:57 am

Congratulations on your loss to date - that's awesome! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.  Good luck tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Jan42

Female

PostSubject: Re: Two days to go and scared   Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:12 am

Thank you QuirkyQuaintrelle for your well wishes. I am a 'large' lady now 152kgs but started at 170. Boy, that's the first time I've actually stated how big I've become . I suppose this time tomorrow I will know more. I hope everything goes as planned .
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Two days to go and scared   Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:50 pm

Hi Jan and welcome aboard! I think it's really normal to be nervous about the upcoming process - it's kind of a big deal after all - but once the decision is made you just need to let go and have faith in your doctor. I've had the sleeve not bypass so I can't comment on that but I can tell you I had very minimal pain post op. I had one of those self administering morphine drips but they ended up taking it away as I wasn't using it, and after that I only needed 2 panadol after the drive home from hospital. I got up and went walking as often as I could the day after to ward off gas pain and it worked. And as for drinking, I've been fortunate that it hasn't been an issue at all. I think all the reading I had done on here prepared me for sip, sip, sipping so I really concentrated on just letting it trickle down. I had organised a child's sippy cup for when I got home but found I didn't need it as it had been so drummed into me to take it slowly. Best of luck on your journey and I hope you have a speedy, pain free recovery!
Back to top Go down
Jan42

Female

PostSubject: Two days to go and scared   Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:57 am

Hi my name is Jan I'm having surgery on Friday 30tg Jan , so only two days to go. I had my band removed last Oct and am booked to have a sleeve or mini bypass depending on what the Dr finds when he goes in. My dr is Roy brancatissano .
I worried about post surgery and wonder if anyone can tell me how they went. If there are any tips to help with pain and drinking. Has anyone had the mini bypass done?
Back to top Go down

Two days to go and scared
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: