Newbie again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
icanucan2

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2014-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie again   Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:08 am

Hope to see you round the Dec site Sharm.  All the best with the Opti phase and your upcoming surgery!
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie again   Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:11 pm

Just remember Xmas time will be completely different for you so make sure you focus on the positives - even if you write them up the fridge/wall etc so you can reminded.  Yes it sucks you can't have some turkey,chicken but it has been known that turkey/chicken/mashed potato with heaps of gravy mushed together like a soup has been done and it tastes great especially after all the plain food you have been having..  For the first few months, don't even count calories - eat up as much (because it will be very little) that can to help you recover quickly and most important - look for the full warning signs and STOP.  They can be a hiccup, runny nose, burp - anything - but keep an eye on it, because it can mean that extra mouthful of deliciousness will save you an hour of pain rolling around waiting for it to pass!!

The scales will move about every day (does your head in!!)  - I used to be an obsessive weigher every day.  Now it's one of a week or every fortnight to ensure I keep close enough to goal weight without obsessing.  It will get there in it's darn time cuz like you - you are beautifully unique and not another lamb following the protocol.

Talking about lambs, I had a massive disagreement with my dietician and now see a nutritionist focusing more heavily on what my body needs to fuel itself properly for the day at the right portions.  I still eat a mixture of carbs, veg, fruit etc plus loads of nawdy stuff since I've hit goal but do be completely honest on my way there, I ate a choccy bar every day until I got there.  The dietician handed me out poorly photocopied paperwork that didn't include my food preferences, the fact I have a family and want THEM to eat WITH me and eat properly too.  The nutritionist did that for me and my son is the fittest he has ever been!!  I'm having less naps myself and really feeling so much happier in life in general - plus I've put on a kg and it's gone to my flat ass (and a little to my tummy) so I am happy to see some ass again LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Sharm

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Newbie again   Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:01 am

Thanks Nya I will join you there

You are right on Bella too!
Back to top Go down
Nya

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie again   Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:38 am

How exciting! ! 

You should join the December group...its all rocking along there now. 

Congrats on making the descion.....I bet bella will be more than happy with early bday plans!!!
Back to top Go down
Sharm

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Newbie again   Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:12 am

We'll I have returned to the site after a false start in June 2012. I had an op date of 22 June 2012 and had to pull out as I found out that I was pregnant. So I had Isabella on 18 December 2012 at age 43 - what a surprise! I decided after catching up with a friend that it was time to revisit the op. I got a February date on Monday of this week and then a call today to say someone had dropped out and I can take their spot on 18 December. I said yes and now tomorrow I will start the VLCD! I'm sure Bella won't mind if we celebrate her birthday a little early.
I look forward to your help and support along the way.
Back to top Go down

Newbie again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: